Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That if a buyer who contacts you on this forum, in order to buy what you are selling, and who goes on to provide the details that you may need to complete the transaction, please do not disregard or ignore their request. This has happened to me twice recently, having supplied a prompt confirmation via the forum followed up by a comprehensive pm in order to complete the deal. The only response from the seller(s) lately being a rather loud, silence.

Regards,

Malcolm

·
Registered
127 Posts
That if a buyer who contacts you on this forum, in order to buy what you are selling, and who goes on to provide the details that you may need to complete the transaction, please do not disregard or ignore their request. This has happened to me twice recently, having supplied a prompt confirmation via the forum followed up by a comprehensive pm in order to complete the deal. The only response from the seller(s) lately being a rather loud, silence.

Regards,

Malcolm
Malcolm, I have to whole heartedly agree with you on the above.

·
Banned
690 Posts
Man, I understand (and feel) your frustration…
I send a post…ONCE…and then move on. All manner of kit available here.
Sometimes going to the local shop…a few dollars extra is worth peace of mind.

cheers
cc

·
Registered
557 Posts
Agreed

I called someone on this once after I got "passed" over. It's funny how the after math was extremely childish.... got lots of very negative comments from some members how clearly didn't see it from another's point of view....

Ben

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Agreed

I called someone on this once after I got "passed" over. It's funny how the after math was extremely childish.... got lots of very negative comments from some members how clearly didn't see it from another's point of view....

Ben
That's unusual , as I would rate our transaction here as A++++ and would highly recommend dealing with you.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That's unusual , as I would rate our transaction here as A++++ and would highly recommend dealing with you.
Thanks for that Brian.

This is going back a ways but....

I posted that I would buy an item and heard nothing from the seller. Days went by and I see he posted it was sold. I said how is that possible when I m the only one that responded to the add? Then he said he got a pm from someone and they got it.

So, he didn't post anything of the sort and never responded to my post. I stated that I wasn't happy with how it was handled and some fine citizen sent me a bunch of super rude emails.

As the Duke said. Life is hard, but it's harder when your stupid...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for that Brian.

I posted that I would buy an item and heard nothing from the seller. Days went by and I see he posted it was sold. I said how is that possible when I m the only one that responded to the add? Then he said he got a pm from someone and they got it.

So, he didn't post anything of the sort and never responded to my post. I stated that I wasn't happy with how it was handled and some fine citizen sent me a bunch of super rude emails.

I see no problem as long the seller hasn't agreed to a sale then reneged on an agreement.
There is no obligation to sell an item to you just because you responded to the ad.
Life is short. Lots of other gear here. Move on and take your money somewhere else...

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's about communication or I guess lack there of. Lots of rants on here about a guy selling something with 10 guys all saying they will take it. If you are selling something don't list it before you skip town, you should be able to check once a day to see if there is any interest.

I did move on and ended up getting the item for $200 less elsewhere...

Ben

·
Registered
139 Posts
Also, be aware the some sellers, have the same item posted to more than one forum. I run across items for sale on this forum and also on the Kienes Fly Shop forum. That again could be a part of the issue why when you say I will buy it on this forum it might already be sold on another and the seller moves on. Again, communication is the important thing in all of this.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Someone contacted me asking me how much it would be to ship my item to their address even though my add was very clear shipping was included. So I answer that shipping was included in the price. Then silence for a couple days. So i wrote back, asking if he was interested or not. His answer: "I didn't say i wanted to purchase. Was inquiring about the shipping". Why would anyone do this? It's beyond me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Someone contacted me asking me how much it would be to ship my item to their address even though my add was very clear shipping was included. So I answer that shipping was included in the price. Then silence for a couple days. So i wrote back, asking if he was interested or not. His answer: "I didn't say i wanted to purchase. Was inquiring about the shipping". Why would anyone do this? It's beyond me.
Good Sir, check your ad again...states "USD OBO"....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good Sir, check your ad again...states "USD OBO"....
Fair enough! I didn't write include shipping. My bad. But that's beyond the point. If you contact someone to know how much would shipping be. Is usually because you are interested in the rod. Next time all you have to say is "Hey I saw your add. I'm not interested but just want to point out you don't mention shipping". Simple.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Thanks for that Brian.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,805 Posts
New Announcement

I would like to take this opportunity to draw everyone's attention to the Announcement in the Classified Forum.
There are some additions to the Classified Forum Policy that requires some attention.

Mike

·
Friend of Wild Fish
156 Posts
After a member and I agreed on a deal the "buyer" went invisible. Didn't follow through with the deal and didn't communicate.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just an idea, but shouldn't all buying inquiries be with a pm, as opposed to a post in the classified thread? That way, the seller is notified of interest, instead of having to constantly review his/her original post? That's the way I've done it, so apologies if that's not the right way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the idea of posting in the thread is to notify other interested parties that someone else inquired about that item before them. Post to a thread should definitely be followed by PM so that the seller is notified via email

1 - 20 of 21 Posts