Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Saw your post up on NAFF.

Interesting reel and it looks like it may have some sort of a drag system. Will give them 'credit' for not being 'bashful' in the asking price.
:eek:

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pictures on the website didn't give a peek at the inside so I'm not sure how it's regulated Fred. The reels produced in Alnwick are still pricy, as you saw on the forum I just took in another wide spool Perfect and am still happy with the reels.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
So hear you Ard.

An 'old reel' is what someone's willing to pay for same; usually not much. Old Hardy's? ... Name your price and you'll probably see a SOLD posting in minutes.

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,130 Posts
Pretty!

She sure is pretty, and I'll bet she sings a lovely tune!

·
Banned
571 Posts
The pictures on the website didn't give a peek at the inside so I'm not sure how it's regulated Fred. The reels produced in Alnwick are still pricy, as you saw on the forum I just took in another wide spool Perfect and am still happy with the reels.
The rivet head pattern on the back of the reel is identical to that on the new Made in the UK double pawl reels like the reversible Perfect and the Bougle.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
$622 for the 4in

·
FISHIN' FREELANCER
1,425 Posts
Spot on Eric.

What's not to like about that sexy 3 screw latch cover :smokin: Also, the fine knurling on spools palming rim.

Each reel is assembled and polished by hand and utilises the new Hardy innovative concept of ‘Split Frame' design to offer lightness with strength and complete line control.
Not sure if this reel has fully caged frame? No pics illustrate, although you can clearly see a bridge. Wonder if it might be a partial 'cut away' like the ones they built for Pezon et Michel back in the day?

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I repaired the link and thanks for adding the picture. The website wouldn't allow me to transfer one but I see you got it :)

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I looked at the Salmon size, and to me it looks like a Marquis with the back ventilated at two times the price.
Hi David,

It's a little more aesthetic than the Marquis series in my opinion. Any of these reels that are still being made in the UK are going to cost a bit more than other reels but they are the last of a dying breed. I haven't seen one hands on so I can't tell you how well they are made but I expect they are pretty well finished.

Ard

·
Registered
417 Posts
Duchess

Has anyone had a chance to see one of these new reels? Or has there been any reviews of it as yet? rob

·
Registered
498 Posts
The only thing I see that would stop me from buying one is the placement ot the tension (drag) knob. It youshoud drop it or set it in the sand it would be right where the damage or derbis would go.

Skilly

1 - 20 of 30 Posts