Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I've been fly fishing for about fifteen years, I'm only about a year into my two-handed journey. We've had a lot of rain here in NC lately, so this evening I visited one of our trout streams that always fishes well in high water. It usually flows at about 100 cfs, but it was over 350 today. Instead of throwing streamers on a sink tip like I usually would, I got out the Echo Glass 10'6" 3 wt. and tied on a tube. After a half hour or so of no success, I switched over to a skated tube. On about my third cast, a decent brown rose to the surface and crushed it on the swing. He came unbuttoned after a few seconds, but it was a very neat thing to see. Probably not a big deal for most of you, but I was pleased. If you knew this stream, you'd probably be pretty pleased too.

·
Registered
387 Posts
as Joe Biden would say....

...that's a Big F***n Deal.

strong work.

what line are you fishing on that Echo Glass 3wt?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...that's a Big F***n Deal.

strong work.

what line are you fishing on that Echo Glass 3wt?
I just have a standard WF7 on it now. When Rio releases the lighter switch chuckers (225 and 275, I think), I'll try the lighter of the two. Should be pretty soon.

·
JD
3,612 Posts
Beautiful country that

I had the opportunity to fish that area only once. Reservation water out of Cherokee, Maggie Valley. Late fall, all the hatches were over. Have no idea what streams I fished, or even how many times I crossed over into other states. Fond memories.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice! Glad to see there is someone else down here swinging a dh rod. I get some funny looks and some off the wall comments from the anglers in NC.

·
Registered
895 Posts
TTL, was it on one of those skaters you posted a while back? I really liked that one!

If so, you'd like it Todd. It's got foam in it!! A really nice pattern.

-Bill

·
I only have 2 hands
176 Posts
Skatin skwala has been real fun this spring. Run off is coming almost over then.........salmon flies! ,the stone fly named after an amazing fish. I wonder if that brown thought your tube was a juicy stonefly or a powdery spring moth or what ? Trout do amazing things!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts