Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay, gotta make sure? :devil:

Sauvigon Blanc is nailed. two Chardonnay's a steel fermented and an oak. The Cabernet Sauvigon is very good, the Merlot.. well I'll "keep testing."
:smokin:

Bring a bottle of single malt with you and we'll have the tiny tasting glass' ready to go.
fae

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Roger on the choice of beer(s).

If a spoon won't stand upright due to an inch of 'head' it's a "light beer." :devil:

fae

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I see we have some real head men here re their choice of brews.

In Ireland one night I brought a glass of Guiness Stout to my room, and the next morning it had 1/4 inch of head remaining.

That's a brew!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Jim (JDJONES) is up already helping with the ...

who shall we say ... selection. Into our second bottle of cab. and "we' think we have 'closure.'

Maybe Sunday's class will start closer to 10 than 9.
:D

Kidding aside. NateMeister will be at 'upper' Tou Ville Park early ups on Saturday with the hot coffee and yummies for the 'lets hit the Roge' early folk.

Life really is pretty good.
Bm/Nb/je/fe/and the SeanMeister (no free lunch Sean:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tipsy? Never.....

Fred,
Please say HI to the gang for Laura and I, we look forward to seeing you all at the Sandy River Clave in May.
Bob

·
Registered
79 Posts
fuzzy mornings

I gave up waking in a haze a few years ago... but I used to appreciate a good pint of brown syrup...

Had a business trip cancellation, so Fred and Nate, if you see my ride by the boat ramp Sat AM, I'll be there at "the riffle" taking the fish before they reach you at upper. Either there or cleaning out Modoc so there won't be any fish to bug you the next day. I'll be using the single hander so as not to be the laughing stock of all you two handed pros at upper, unless I work around the corner to the suey hole... enjoy your gathering, gents, and welcome to our river.

-G

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Tipsy? Never.....//Sandy Clave.

Flybob said:
Fred,
Please say HI to the gang for Laura and I, we look forward to seeing you all at the Sandy River Clave in May.
Bob
Short of a disaster, Joan and I are good to go. Looking forward to seeing you, Laura, Mark and Patty. With all the money I've funneled through him this winter she must have a bought and paid for new car.:D

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Sounds like a first-class gathering, Fred I only wish I could attend. Spoke with Sean on the way down; he was pretty psyched!

Have a GREAT time, I know you all will!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Juro, these 'young guys' just can't take it.

I'm down here typing this at 2:45 am and Sean's up stairs in bed pounding his pillow. Good 'pre-clinic' dinner last night with a few of the folks.

JD Jones like the area so well he put in an offer to buy a home just north of Medford yesterday.
fae

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fred,
Good show. Best of luck on Jim's prospective change of residence.
Curious if you guys have investigated further the RV rentals for the Sandy Clave?
Keep us posted on this weekend's event, more photos?

For 'tis better to have speyed and lost, than never to have speyed at all.
Bob

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yesterdays 'weather' was so-so at best with a strong rain shower mid day.

Today we all had to apply sun cream; if it didn't hit 70 degrees it was within a whisker thereof. Lots of 'happy campers' still chucking on the river and due to show up about 6 pm for "Round Two" of 'The Party.'

Joan will have a wad of photo's up tonight on her (click to get there) WebShots page.
:D

I've given up on the idea or renting a camp van for the Sandy Clave; tooooo pricie for just a weekend shot (also logistics 'suck'). We'll do a motel .... unless TWO WONDERFUL PEOPLE have an extra bunk in their travel trailer ....
:eek:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3PM ......

9PM.....

I'm ..... God, these folks know what aaaaaaa single malt....
Upside down here and Joan''s in charge.
:whoa:

·
Registered
909 Posts
This was a great Event, I actualy look like I know what I doin with a spey rod now. I have also learned that there some great people and Sepy casters that were in attendance. Gus, we missed ya Man, you would be a great addition to the group, Fred, Way and Steve you guys did it agian. Awsome event in all aspects....Nate:eyecrazy: :cool:

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Chatted with Sean yesterday, he's on cloud #9 after attending the event. Fred, you guys really know how to tie one on and I don't just mean the yarn puff!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks Nate...

...I appreciate the kind words. I'm still officially a single hander. That big stick gives me fits, but it will come in time. If I want fish, for now I'll stick to what I know works, anthough it would be interesting to see someone highsticking indicatored otis bugs and fall river twitching with a two hander.

I saw Sean and whoever brought the glass boat this AM in the LTV parking lot while I was donning my waders, and then the shuttled truck and trailer when I left. Good to see these folks getting water time. Hope they got in to some fish.

The water was really high this morning (3700+ [email protected] GRDam) and surprisingly murky, moreso than all weekend. No bumps at LTV. Modoc manana if this weather holds.

Later,

-Gus

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
juro said:
Chatted with Sean yesterday, he's on cloud #9 after attending the event. Fred, you guys really know how to tie one on and I don't just mean the yarn puff!
Sunday evening taught me "real quick" just how tired I was ... Making 'round two' dinner for the folks and a couple of single malts hit me like a brick. Took a couple of hours, and several large glass' of water to run that through my system.

:whoa:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts