Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in January 2000 I was working on my Master's Degree and I had lots of late nights drinking coffee and working on my thesis. Well, you can only do so much of that, so I would surf the net looking for stuff about speycasting. Derek Brown used to have a website, but he shut that down, so I couldn't find much except the odd few references. MSN had a bulletin board program so I thought I would just start a little BB to chat with my steelhead buddies about speycasting. Within a few months word had spread and I had all sorts of new friends participating on the website (called International Spey Casting after the RIO video). I finished my Master's in July and had all sorts of energy left over, so I set up the Speypages just as a little place where I could put up info that I couldn't find on the web--stuff about casting that I knew, a few tackle reviews, etc. Pretty soon the websites were getting so many hits that the free hosting became pay hosting, and that's when I decided to move to the Fly Fishing Forum. I started the speyclave and closed the old MSN boards (but they are archived under the "ISC Archives" board here on the speyclave) and things just continued to grow.

A lot has happened since that January night in 2000 when I started chatting with my friends on ISC, and with the support and participation of members and sponsors the site continues to grow and evolve. Now that we are running our own show in some ways it feels a lot like those days back in 2000 when I was just setting up and realizing that there are a lot of folks out there just like me who like to talk about speycasting.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Glad you did it!!!

We all benefit from your work.

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Gotta love it!

So many bad things going on in the "www" world, it's great to see that something positive has evolved out of it. I for one am grateful for this site. It is the first thing I check in the morning and the last at night before bed. I've been a flyfishing addict for a long time but just discovered Spey casting a year and a half ago. This site has been a daily source of learning, encouragement and friendship and has definitely fueled my passion for the the sport.

A big thank you to all who participate. Dana, you done good! :smokin:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thank You!

Dana,
Can't thank you enough for all of the hard work and the incredible site you have put together. Definately a niche market you have carved and the finest in the business. The hard work and dedication you and your partners put into this site does not go unnoticed by any stretch of the imagination.

Thank you...this is a great educational and fraternal site that has contributed greatly to my journey.

Chris

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Dana
I'll echo the thank's and multiply them x 2.
It gave me start when you mentioned the year 2000 ! Holy %$#*&^ It seems there's at least 8 years of knowledge,advise and friendship in all those posts !
The numerous claves, alone, are a direct result of these very pages
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts