Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have in the last few months managed to acquire these 4 LHW Hardy reels for my arsenal. Replacing modern gear with classics, just like my flies.

On the 7/8 a 4" 1912 Reproduction Perfect
On the 7wt a 3 3/4 Perfect
On the 6 a 3 7/8 St John
On the 4wt a 3 5/8 perfect with red agate line guard

damn it, this means Bamboo is next :saevilw:

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,734 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

We will be singing togather this May

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Sweet lineup.

I thank my lucky stars I grew up reeling right, as the hunt was much easier.

And yes, bamboo is probably next. I'm in line, waiting patiently.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Not only do you have a nice collection of reels you also have a nice collection of ACR's! Congrats and hope you get to here them sing soon!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Hardy's

Ok, this is good to see. 4 Hardy's. Gonna show this to my wife. A person needs more reels right! One Hardy just won't do it!

About 20 years ago when I was working hard and had little time I organized my rods on the garage wall and put them up resting on nails (wrapped) in their cases. In order, to size. You know, so I could grab the right one and head out.

This was the single hand days and all the tubes about the same size. With a smile (don't get me wrong she is supporter) and a little ribbing she said something like "wow are those all your rods?" and I said oh no not at all I am storing them for Frank and Mike............ Didn't work.

So not to bring too much attention spread them around a bit fellas.

A Hardy here, A Hardy there..........

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
That's funny Gbb!

Reminds me of an incident last year. Years ago, my son and I built a studio out back for my wife's quilting stuff, and my fly tying stuff.

So, I'm out tying, and in she walks with a friend and her husband. The husband looks at all the quilting material stacked up on the shelves, and says "wow, there must be $100 worth of material there!" My wife says "uh-huh". (There's probably $2,500 worth)!

She never fessed up.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice reels, and rods. I see the Henshaw found a good home. There is hope for us LHW folks. :)

briansII
Hey man, thanks. I had a good look at that Henshaw, but the back one is not a Henshaw. That one is the 4" Perfect 1912 Reproduction, the newest of the bunch.

·
Registered
609 Posts
can you show the checks of the 3 3/4 and the 3 5/8 perfects?
Curious about them, since you don't see many LHW. I had alway thought the tension regulator went to the front, in turn applying more pressure on the outgoing

is the 3 3/4 just a flipped pawl?
is the 3 5/8 a double line guard or the double check?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Matt,
That's a sweet set of reels, and a sweet set of rods, you have there!
I've gone to almost all Anderson's myself :D

·
Registered
824 Posts
Matt
Could you show me a picture of the check on the St john reel , I see its a 3 screw latch cover and leaded reel , and I'v never seen one made as a LHW reel , that could be a pretty rare reel if it's a true lefty ,

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matt
Could you show me a picture of the check on the St john reel , I see its a 3 screw latch cover and leaded reel , and I'v never seen one made as a LHW reel , that could be a pretty rare reel if it's a true lefty ,
The St John is not a true Lefty, its tweaked for lefty;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts