Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a full time single father of a very precocious and highly social six year old girl who is a total ham and it being summer vacation the following occurred:

She has the social life of an Elite New Yorker ~ After cookies, horse play, board games, bike riding, hide and seek, and hours of goofiness the girls play date were looking for something original.

They caught me debarbing hooks and before I knew it they had two switch rods out of my closet and two tube flies tied to the ends with tippet and were fishing off the end of my bed. They called out all the fish they caught by name (I was impressed) and at they moment the havent quit.

It's worthwhile to note they were using 5x tippet, so it goes without saying this falls under the guidelines of risky behavior :D

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
My kids still remember fishing for me from their tree fort. The catching was easy, but the battles were epic, and always in doubt.

Of course you have to be willing to throw your dignity to the curb for your children's entertainment.

For what it's worth, they preferred my tarpon impression (constant jumping and flailing) to my steelhead (long runs, occasional jumps, and then breaking off around bushes- often celebrated with a quick tail walk).

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My kids still remember fishing for me from their tree fort. The catching was easy, but the battles were epic, and always in doubt.

Of course you have to be willing to throw your dignity to the curb for your children's entertainment.

For what it's worth, they preferred my tarpon impression (constant jumping and flailing) to my steelhead (long runs, occasional jumps, and then breaking off around bushes- often celebrated with a quick tail walk).
That's well said and written. Lucky them and you! I'd share the water with you any time

Cheers

Reactions: SLSS
1 - 3 of 3 Posts