Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I await my new Jaw vise working off an older tube vise and learning as I go here are a few from in between shovelling snow duties.

AHappy to send them along FOC /con US if someone wishes to give them an honest swim. Need to work on neater heads, like the add on cones seems to solve that issue

Winter's Hope Tube-Protube system
Shrimpy Thing Normal Tube
Blue Fox Tube

Attachments

·
Banned
571 Posts
Try finer thread...

Try Veevus 10/0, for example, to tie your heads...Cheers, Buff.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the option

8/0 usually suffices for standard ties, these tubes are finicky though. Not ahuge fan of Veevus thread but may be a good option on these heads

·
Registered
895 Posts
Nice tubes, my friend. I like that shrimpy thingy!

Don't fret the heads, they are going to look strange no matter what you do, or what thread you use. You're tying on something three or four times larger in diameter than a hook.

The cones cover it all up better than the disks, by the way! ;)

-Bill

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Damn near impossible to get the heads perfect dude, I hate heads on tubes. Look at the pro tube stiff rubber cone heads, they fit any tube. I got a few packs and will give em a shot. I know they will hide a mess in front lol!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
tubes

they look great and would work around here for steelhead big time. Someone started talking about thread. I tie tons of tube flies and lately I have been using just regular 6/0 for everything up to the head. Then I switch to Veevus 14/0 in the color I want. This Veevus thread is amazingly strong and has just no diameter to it and makes a very small appearance at the front of the fly except for color. I've been using the new tube material from Jesper at Fishmadman and it's terrific.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the Link GTB

Hitchin Tubes...I like it

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Hitchin tubes

Yes, that fellow Jesper and his partner Per are really innovative guys. I used some of his hitched tube skaters the last couple of years and had some steelhead love em. I do like their tube product, it just seems more durable than others. Besides that they have a good newsletter. www.fishmadman.com to be more precise on their link. It's just two young guys with families with a great little company. The shipping costs from Denmark is just $5 which surprises me.
There ya go
Best
Loren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts