Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a 5/0 pt greenwell, in hand with gossamer on a vintage hook (1920s?). Not one hundred percent happy but not dissapointed with it. Im not pinching the barb on this hook so sorry guys, this isnt getting fished :p

Then heres a pt gordon, also in hand (next post). A couple things i dont like but i WILL fish this one :)

Lastly a couple steelhead flies and templedog style flies from the vice.

Id like to note doing a fly in hand does not worsen the look of your fly. Is i was to do the two first flies in a vice they would probably look even worse. I only say my flies are in hand in hopes that others try it, its awkward at first but its fun!

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow

Man you have turned into one hell of a tier from the " kid " i met out in the rapids!!! Maybe someday we will be able to share a run again!! Nice work.

Kyle d.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Agreed 100% looking over at my vise gathering dust. Tying in-hand may be slower and maybe only at first, but the range in motion is hard to match.

All are very nice.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Dude. DUDE. I think you know me enough, Andrew....that I lack any more words than "Dude". Incredible classics. Both Greenwell and the Gordon have my tongue hanging...(wiping of the keyboard).

Sincerely amazing ties in hand,
Adrian

·
Registered
895 Posts
Beautiful ties, Andrew!

I hope someone is inspired to try tying in hand by these. Having done a few myself recently, I agree that it can be awkward initially, but then again, cannot the same be said for a new tier at the vise?

Well done,

-Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts