Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in a little funk lately, weather has been lousy, a couple rough days at work...but tying has a way of easing the mind.

Here are 3 of the 5 I finished since the weekend, a PT Red Sandy variation [no red wool butt and head] a Lord James Murray and a Popham, on 1/0 and 2/0 GS hooks. Just adding to the collection for a future, someday, hopefully, who knows when salmon trip!

CJ

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,262 Posts
You do sound a little dejected John but your tying hasn't suffered. I know all about funk at this time of year, there is very little chance that I'll get to fish until late March and then water levels can be a factor. I'm not into fishing when ice restricts the ability to cast, at least once each winter I do it in a river that is lake outflow but it's not a whole lotta fun.

We are still losing over 3 minutes a day of daylight as we plunge toward December 21st. Then it's the doldrums until January 21st, at that time there is a perceivable gain in daylight and the march toward spring begins. Remember that you need to live like you're only going to get one time around in this world.

Hang in there buddy :)

·
Administrator
18,151 Posts
Your tying is impecable John :smokin:
Very nice to see you posting your work again here my friend .
We all get in that "funk" , especially leading up to the holidays . And well , work is work and soon enough it will all get done .

Your tying has certainly cheered me up my friend :)

Mike

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
John.......what a great group of classic flies set !!
I like your wing style John and hope your doing well,your family my friend !!

Jin

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Very stunning set John, I'd kill to be able to pull those off on a good day. Hope your holiday season perks up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts