Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since they are a micro business and info is slim to none, I figured I'd ask here since there's a strong Burk-cult here. I've heard almost unanimously they are among the finest available, but on the other hand I've read all the horror stories too. Through the search bar I read about a guy who's been waiting over 2 YEARS to have his rod fixed!

1. How long have they been in business?
2. What is the price range for their two-handers?
3. Does any one have some pics or a link to some pics?
4. What is their lead time on new rods?
5. Since they roll their own blanks, if they go under and the blank breaks...big $ wall art?
6. Did their web designer contract African Sleeping Sickness?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll tell you my experience.

I ordered a 13' 9" 8 wt. after talking with Kerry on the phone about two years ago. He was just as nice and helpful as he could be. Rod took a couple of months I believe. I took it to southern Patagonia, and broke a guide while there. When I returned I sent him an email, which was promply returned, sent the rod for repair, and got it back within two weeks. He's always been responsive to me, and I'm not a Burkie regular--he doesn't know me at all except in this connection. I've always been curious about some of the negative posts--it certainly hasn't been my experience. Rod is really a good one. I think if you're going to work with a small builder you just have to be realistic and not think you're dealing with Cabelas or something. In my mind having a really nice custom rod is worth the wait and the occasional frustration.

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts