Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of mistakes, I retied the tag and floss 4 or 5 times trying to get it right, close enough for the fishes eh:hihi:. A little better on portions I think, long and sleek like it should be. Comments welcome as always.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,212 Posts
Tail setting is very nice on this one and body work is getting much better !!
Wings are spot on and hackles are just right, well done !!
I see the JC nails rolled on you :chuckle: it happens dude. Just fish this one on a dry line and it will seem like it's looking down on the fish :hihi:
You already mentioned the tag, looks a little lumpy. Use a single strand, split it in half if it's of the thicker strand variety. Pick a starting point that will be covered by the body and wrap rearwards to the bend and transition back into the body to tie off. I wrap my floss over a silver tinsel base that makes the floss glow. I do not waste my metal tinsels on underbodies at all. I actually use silver Krystal flash !! I take two strands and tie them in and wrap the under body. It makes a very thin, flat underbody that adds no bulk, so you have a nice tight, thin tag. I also counter wrap all of my floss tags with either silver or gold x-fine wire if you have noticed. This adds protection and sparkle :smokin:

You will find that the Dunt is another flee that really entices steelhead ... a great pattern for both steelhead and salar !!

Mike

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike, i do under wrap all my lighter color floss with mylar tinsel and will try splitting the floss on the next one.

·
Dom
3,157 Posts
Skip using mylar under your tag. Use of white thread under is all thats needed. It will be much much smoother if you do so. This and maybe a bit shorter veil and this fly would be worth to frame. Nice hook, good tail lenght, good wing set and length. Good job!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts