Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was tying up dee patterns like crazy for a week or so and said, hmm I wonder what it would look like if a guy used spun badger fur over seal dub on a floss body with an oversized tail on some slips of purple dyed turkey tail. you be the judge

Attachments

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
I tried something similar once, heres what I came up with. It fishes really well. I have a feeling yours will also look great in the water.

Tight lines!

·
Administrator
19,459 Posts
I can dig this !!
I tied a cross-strip bunny body Dee this past winter :chuckle:
It has a marabou tail with sparkles and UV dyed Peacock wings ... so crazy I think it just might work :hihi:

I like the hair/fur hackles , looks to have a ton of movement !!
Very nice body work by the way :)

Mike

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can dig this !!
I tied a cross-strip bunny body Dee this past winter :chuckle:
It has a marabou tail with sparkles and UV dyed Peacock wings ... so crazy I think it just might work :hihi:

I like the hair/fur hackles , looks to have a ton of movement !!
Very nice body work by the way :)

Mike
gettin jiggy with some floss eh! tons of movement, yes, but it went to an art gallery if you can believe that, lol, a friend of mine saw it on the FB and demanded to have it. :saeek:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Really cool flies, both. Look deadly. One quick question - so the 'hackle' is primarily badger? If so, did you put a collar on? It sort of looks like it, but hard to tell. Nevertheless, sick pattern!

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really cool flies, both. Look deadly. One quick question - so the 'hackle' is primarily badger? If so, did you put a collar on? It sort of looks like it, but hard to tell. Nevertheless, sick pattern!
No collar just a dub loop of spun badger fur, leave the guard hairs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks, failtospey. I may give it a try.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The long sweeping hackles on yours are more badger? just longer fibres?

mine is actually spun fox instead of badger then a whiting spey hackle in front for long wispy fibres.
YESSIR, no hackles on this one, i was able to spread out a stack thin enough to keep it looking like feather hackles, pretty neat stuff that badger hair, take a looks at these coyote hair speys

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts