Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody please give me some ideas on fishing /spey type things in Vancouver on a layover day(a sunday) in early september..Vedder or some other local streams?? Will have all the gear, just do not know where to use it....pm if you have some ideas or thoughts ...( and if no fishing is worthwhile, are the shops open on sunday?)thanks much ....

·
Registered
18 Posts
There will be millions of pink salmon around ,a single hand 6 wt is all you need ,and for fun try polliwogs at any spot where a trib flows into the Fraser ,if the Fraser is running decent visibility it opens up huge opportunities.Another possibility is to fish for early coho on the vedder ,you would want to stick to the lower end and fish frog water,a clear slime line or slow sink tip is all that is needed and a single hand 8 wt is the ticket.Flies for pinks ,sparsley tied and pink or chartreuse or both ,for the coho stick with rolled muddlers or shiny patterns like Christmas trees,also try the bead head olive wooly bugger (the superfly).I can give you a better report when we get close to your arrival ,just PM me .I work on the rivers and that is my busy time ,so I will have a very good idea of where to send ya .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts