Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to spey casting with an actual spey designed rod,I've fooled around with spey type casts with the singlehander and the cnd atlantis 11x11,.For the past couple of months I've been throwing a rio 789 windcutter on a cabela's 13.6 ft 9 Wt. LST spey rod.What kind of distance should I be expecting to achieve with spey casting?I am able to cast the 50 ft head plus 10 -15 ft of running line via a double reverse,reverse ,single spey ect.should I be getting more length?Also should I cut back on the tip of this line it seems long .Thanks in advance. Paul

·
Registered
98 Posts
Another Widcutter 7 8 9 question

Sounds like your pushing some good distance for a beginner..... I'm a beginner too so I can't answer your question more thoroughly. I'm hoping to piggyback on your thread for an answer to another windcutter question.
Anyone know the grain weight on the main body head of the 7-8-9 before the second stage on the interchangeable version? Also the grain weights for the tips that come with the kit?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Send PM

and I will send an Excel spreadsheet with some older RIO data with all the specifications.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bump to the top for striperstripper....and a big thanks to t_richerzhagen for the spreadsheat with all the Rio data I'll ever need. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts