Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Dana, Juro et al

Just a quick note to let you know I will be bringing the new GrandSpey 7/8 with me to the Seattle show. I will donate one to the Spey Clave booth for the raffle/auction, and then try and have a few with me for some of our key dealers there. The tips aren't available yet, but this is a start!

It has taken a long time to get this one right because of the lightness of the line and in trying to retain enough energy to handle big flies and tips, but this is a beauty!

See you in Seattle!
Simon

:smokin:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Hi Simon,
Do you still plan to attend the San Rafael show in California next week? Looking forward to trying out the Grandspeys.

Best regards,
Rick J

·
JD
3,609 Posts
7/8 Grand Spey In So. Ca.

Simon,

Will you be at the Ontario fly fishing show March 8&9?

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Simon,

I love the other GrandSpeys and look forward to throwing a cast or 2 with this new one. Thanks to you and Jim for doing all the development work these lines have required.

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Thanks Simon!!!...I've been bugging Georgie since the time I first heard there was only 8/9's and above in the Grandspey that you folks needed a 7/8...for the 7/8 Derek Brown ofcourse!!

I CANT WAIT!!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Simon and 7/8 GrandSpey debuts at Seattle

Sure now that I have fallen in love with my new Mid Spey 7/8 with tips for my Sage 7141, you dare to bring out this hussy! :tsk_tsk:

Bob Pauli and I will see you in Marin this Sunday.

If you have a 7/8 GS loaner for a week or so, I would like to borrow it.

I will bring down my evaluation forms for the Grand Speys that I tested about two weeks ago.

Dave
Anderson

PS

Are your classes filled up in Sacramento later this spring? I can't find anything about the classes on Kiene's website. What do the classes cost?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Should be a great replacement for the Midspeys for use on the Redington 7/8-12.5's. I will be waiting for mine to arrive in the mail!

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
As soon as Juro gets bak east and everything settles down we are going to have one of these lines up for auction. Stay tuned....

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys

I will be at Marin, but not Ontario. I hear there is a big pond at Marin and they have me doing a spey demo on the pond. Hooray, at last, somewhere I can do a demo that works....not like Seatlle where the demo had to be on carpet!

I will bring a 7/8 GrandSpey on a reel for anyone to try.

All the best
Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts