Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a blank, 6 wt. spey rod in the 12.5 to 13.5 foot range. Do you know anyone who makes/sells a blank like this?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Scott's new LS2 series includes a 12' 6 weight which weighs next to nothing. 4 piece, I believe blanks will be available in October. You can try contacting them in Montrose, CO. 800-728-7280

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
On the topic of contacting Scott, anyone have any traction in the sponsorship department?

We work pretty hard around here without pay and offer a dirt cheap sponsorship program that is perhaps the best on the world wide web for return on investment.

We are very short on funds at the moment and could use all the help we can get. Promotion of brands is a privilege not a right and we are committed to protecting the investment of our existing sponsors.

thanks in advance for any efforts people put forth to help!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hmmm... seems like not much has changed. Can't mention a company's stuff in anything but a negative way unless they are a site sponsor? Can't provide the web-surfing spey head public with information without buying space?

C'mon Juro... despite the way SA was treated prior to their sponsoring this site (which, considering what went on, speaks pretty highly of SA, or doesn't anyone remember?) they were able to forgive. Unlike some who have direct fiduciary interests in certain products (seemingly the same who don't like good things said of manufacturers' products which aren't current sponsors, lest it be constured as "promotion"), some of us don't hold the pursestrings. It's also a mistake to assume that just because sponsorship of your site is not current with every manufacturer, don't take it to mean that efforts aren't being made towards that end (vis a vis SA, but don't thank me or Steve).

I thought that one of the great things about a "free" public forum was the right to opine; "...protecting the investment of (your) existing sponsors" sure makes it sound like this is not an open forum after all, and reinforces the impression that positive comments are there only if they are bought. There's another word for it, but let's leave it with the adage, "patience is a virtue".

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
WHOA :whoa:

Sorry I asked!

The direct phone number to the company threw me off.

One thing has changed, I have no interest in arguing. I am only protecting the interest of those who support this free forum... sponsors. I don't get paid for this, and frankly... it's a pain in the keester. However it's critical to maintaining the site.

I am open to other suggestions in managing the fiduciary responsibilities that keep the lights on around here. This is the system we have in place, and some of us are chartered with keeping it running.

peace, over and out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts