Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want line recommendation Scandi put a 360 at30 cast alright think less weight might be better that's the lowest line I got so want to purchase something lighter and try it anybody have any success doing that 5120-4 sage graphite 111 e

·
193 Posts
my .02 worth

Hello Seahawks:

I have the same rod. For me, a CND 4/5 @355/50ft works the best with my casting style. Ballistic Spey Lines sell a Vector 4/5 350gr/41ft...might be worth a try.

Scandi, 290gr- 310gr with a poly leader is perfect for me.

Enjoy the rod.

Cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
A CND GPS 4/5 is very nice on this rod and it might be worth while to track one down if it can be. An Ambush 7/8 or 9 with a long leader is another line worth a try. I have the rod and tried an Airflo Scandi Comp 330 even a GPS &FF 5/6. Both are upwards of 450 grains and the rod handled it. I agree though: 350 or under is better than more. I have a 7WDT loaded to the reel that hasn't been cast yet...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve the man looking for short Scandi around 31 ft I don't fish mid belly lines anymore basically 80 percent Scandi the rage or Steve's skandit mite fit me no skagit that only comes out in winter for me just want shoot 40 ft of running line not trying to bomb it fish lower Trinidy john day mabe

·
Lookin for a tug
125 Posts
I have the same rod and I like it with a Airflo compact scandi @ 270 grains and a 12-15 foot mono leader. I think a 290 grain scandi would allow you to throw larger flies /streamers, etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts