Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,
Thought I would post this here as well. So here is the deal and it really is a good one. I dropped the prices on my tube fly assortment from 99.99 to 59.99 thats 40% off. I did the math on this deal It is possible that you can make 552 flies plus 300 weights, and two boxes to store them? :smokin: Fair deal to say the least, and only $10 for shipping world wide.

I also thought a would mention 97% is U.S.A made. The other 3% comes from a family owned and run overseas business :). If you care about that type of thing,, if not :razz:
Look forward to seeing some of the flies! Post them here please. I would love to see all the uses for these material. I have little time on the bench these days for fly invention.
Here is what you will get.

THE TUBE ASSORTMENT INCLUDES:
* Double String Leech Box
* 6 Compartment Tube Fly Box
*200 Speyco pipes
*144 String Leech Shanks (Will ship in different package OUT OF STOCK)
*200 Silver saucers
*100 Oval Weights
*9 feet 1/8 Semi-Rigid Tube
*5 Feet Flex Tube
*5 Feet Junction Tube
*5 Feet Flex Liner
*5 Feet Semi-rigid Liner tube

HERE IS THE LINK FOR PURCHASING
SPEYCO TUBE STORE

I ALSO WILL INCLUDE ONE OF THE NEW SPEY CO STICKERS AS WELL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bumper sticker is going to look great on back of my truck ! Just ordered

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice thanks! Maybe the next ones should be living a truck down by the river? :chuckle:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Geeze Tim, that IS a heck of a deal.

Do you still have my credit card number** on file or do I need to call you with the 'details?'

I'll take one.

Fred

** I have three of Tim's reels. Oooooooooo Ya Baby!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Tim,
I was just curious how the weights fit over the tubing. Looks like the tubing is .097 or bigger and holes in weights are only 2 mm or .080, do you use the liner as a junction and wedge the weights in between?

Thanks
Joe

PS have seen your reels on Clarks, great stuff......

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys,
WOW is all I have to say! I have got 99 % of the orders out today rest are being packed up. I have cleaned out my suppliers on some pieces are now on back order. I know we put a few people back to work for sure. Thanks !!!,, and keep it up !!! this deal is kind of a $ wash for me, but I don't mind. The $ Not what its about really.

The weights fit on the tapered tubes, shanks, and the inner liner tubing. They also fit on the outside 3 3/2" O.D. metal tubes. They do not fit on the O.D. 1/8" tubing Leave the inner liner long, push on weight, and ZAP GAP.

Orders on or after today 1 /29/11 will be shipped in three weeks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great deal. I just got mine in the mail and can't wait to get started. That being said, I'm relatively new to the tube thing and I lack a bit of creativity, any particular purpose or intention for the tapered "pippet" looking thingamajiggers?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys no problem I would really like to see some of the flies please if you get a chance post them up on this thread.I really don't get a lot of time to tie anymore,,Spend all my time cooking up reels almost 24/7.

I Also wanted to mention,, the new style of string leech boxes, If you look the foam pieces can be removed.. I will be adding the replacement cards on the site soon. So swapping out cards with Fly colors,, and sizes of string flies by moving the banding around to fit your style,,will be easy. At the same time I am going to be adding one size smaller box in as well. A 5 5/8"x3 7/8"x1 5/8" with replacement cards.

This would be a great time to mention as well. A few thing that we are adding to the tube store. I will be manufacturing my own style of Intruder shanks,, should be ready next month. These will come in three sizes 1" 1 1/4" 1 1/2" and will be made of 3/4 hard stainless steel. I will be making a very large pile so should be plenty to go around. I will post a few pictures and pricing in the next few weeks.

Bulk packs of size cut and tumbled Brass and Alum tubes 3 3/2 and 1/8" will be added soon as well.
Thanks for all the orders. !

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Sorry to be pain, but I'm unclear on some of the descriptions listed on your site. Like Want to completely eliminate line run upgrade the pack with flex liner

And when you upgrade to the flex liner, how much of it do you get?

I definitely want to place an order, but I'm kind of confused. Can you give me a clue what your products line up with in the market? Like FITS, HMH products, etc. I have no doubt I can figure out what to do with anything you send me, but I'd like to get what I want on the first order.

Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Philister,
I definitely want to place an order, but I'm kind of confused. Can you give me a clue what your products line up with in the market? Like FITS, HMH products, etc.
I have no idea never used these.

I can tell you about the flex liner.
and I also want to add,,Sorry these classified adds run quick did not see the question until today.
The address your first question. 1 /8 plastic tubing alone will crack or the line will cut the tubing,,to much slop between tippet size and the inside of the tube fly..

The flex liner is very tuff and a bit larger than the inside diameter of the 1/8" tubing that I sell. Adding this will make your tubes last much longer and the inner core works well holding your hook knot.
Here is the step by step process.
#1 Build your flies on 1/8" tubing.
#2 Pull one end of the 5 feet of flex tubing until it fits in side built flies. I cut the very end so I have about a 6" tapered piece..
#3 inch the flies to the fat end end of flex tubing, by lightly pulling and pushing your fly down the line..
#4 cut 1/16 at head 1/8" at tail of fly. I leave the back end a bit longer to grab my hook knot. Also for added strength you could add a small dab of super glue at each end,but it is held in very well with a compression fit alone.

I will be adding a ton of different things soon to the tube store.

Stainless steel Intruder Shanks 1" ,,1 1/4" ,,,1 1/2" These are being custom bent this month.

Bulk Aluminum 1/8 and 3/ 32" tubing 1/2,, 1",,, 1 1/2",,, 2" ,,,with flex liner

Also you asked I now have two sizes of string leech boxes.

I will have the MED size listed soon & removable replacement cards for both sizes as well.
I also wanted to say thanks!!!!! I will be filling more orders again this week. These have to selling faster than I liked,but I am TRYING to keeping them in stock.
The String leech shanks will ship in a different package,,on 3 /18/2011????? I bought them all!! NO MORE To BE found anywhere., but will be replaced with the NEW style shanks soon.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Gotcha. It's Its own thing. So if you upgrade to the 1/8 with liner you get enough for all the 1/8 inch? I will definitely be placing an order! Sounds cool.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a few examples of the way I rig these up hope you enjoy. I also wanted to ad I have Three large shipping tables full that are packaged and fill and will be shipping today. Very sorry for the delay the orders where MUCH larger than I had materials in hand. Thanks!

TUBE FLY STORE

The tail plastic is very fat and burns nice.

Here is the head melted in I also add Glue.

I add a small piece of the flex tubing before I make my loop knot with the hook. This will slide into the ID of the tube

Here is the finial rig the hook just on a loop and able to turn and hook fish .

Also I wanted to add a few photos of me installing the Flex liner that comes with the kit.. Here are the directions for stalling it on the straight the 1/8" plastic tubing. Adding this flex stuff make the flies really strong, and the finial rig also is very nice. This also can be installed with finished flies if you use a pin mandrel for tying or have stock that you would like to beef up.

I cut the 5 Feet in half. Put one end in a vice and pull lightly with a BIT of heat small bit. This will make one one small enough to slide into the 1/8 tubing.

Trim off very end that was in vice

Cut a pile of 1/8" tubing with a razor knife to the length you would like.. Flip the 2 1/2' of flex tubing around in the vice put 1/8 tubing on and pull lightly and push it to the end by the vice. It is now in with a compression fit, very tight glue add if you like.. There is about enough room on the I.D. for 12# line. I Do a few at a time and trim out a pile so I don't waist.

Here is a trimmed up one.

Here is the rig stalled, this Flex Tube will grab a knot well is very tuff and flexible. The hook also is laying loose, and will pull away during the hook up keeping your fly safe.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all that bought this tube fly package!. It went so well I would like to give one away.

Contest will be simple post some of the tube flies here made from the materials number the post ,, then best voted by # of posts of "I like # ?? wins. Simple

If it also would be O.K. by the fly maker,, and by entering a contest fly photo you would consent. I would like to use the a selection of the photos to dress up the tube site you will get full on site credit. The tube page is a very bland page IMHO and I have very little time to sit at the bench these days.

Have fun with it, I think just a fly pictures would be good, but fly hanging out of a silver fish better, maybe add directions, and materials used. Maybe a combo of all?

Today is FEB 25th this will run until March 25 th good luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Tim, I am still waiting for mine and hope you sent it with the other box of goodies.Let me know what's happening.Best regards,

Dave

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey David sure will. I have your packaged and ready to ship monday. This last week really was a bear. I hope you have a honey hole so you can win this thing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks Tim,Can't wait till they get here,the tube kit is a gift for my fishing pard and I am sure the reel engraving will be a hit too.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Silver chip your box is now heading your way,,,Yours was a bit larger than the normal order. Quite a few reel pieces to prep before sending. Cant wait to see your work on some of those larger cages. :)
No takers one the free package contest? Let see some of the flies guys.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Still waiting,maybe mon. Gonna try to go to the Clearwater next weekend and hope to do a little show and tell up at Poppy's if we make it.I 'll pack my camera and post some pics of our efforts.

·
Scandi & Skagit Hack
319 Posts
Ties on Speyco Tubes

Here is a couple of scandi tube flies tied on the Speyco tubes.
Enjoy,
Rich

1 - 20 of 32 Posts