Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
18,628 Posts
Very neatly tied :smokin:
An often overlooked flavour of the "Rat" series.
This will fish well for you, guaranteed !!

Mike

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,447 Posts
That would kill out here in the west for summer run steelhead. Has a Spade feel to it with a little pop.

·
Registered
864 Posts
It would be hard to go wrong using this fly. It would be a good partner with the Restigouche Black Dose.

Thanks for sharing. I can see the fly tying vises being warmed up now and ready for a busy season.

Doug

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Nice fly ,as usual Steph . Looks like we might be in the same corner at the same time :wink2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gamakatsu T10-6H. In 2013 I landed a 25 lb Restigouche fish that was every bit a match for the best Dean fish I have ever hooked. Definitely want to have faith in the hook!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm arriving in the region around June 14th; fishing the Bonnie, St. Jean 1, and E1, C7, and B3 on the Cascapedia. Ending the trip with the Restigouche.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm arriving in the region around June 14th; fishing the Bonnie, St. Jean 1, and E1, C7, and B3 on the Cascapedia. Ending the trip with the Restigouche.
Ha Ha ,we'll be opposite directions on rte 132 on the 14th .I'll be on the Restigouche/ Matapedia from early June till the 8th .Then 4 days on D2 on the Cascapedia back on Glen Emma on the 13th . Back to YUL for a week and then the Bonaventure till the end of June .

I totally agree with you regarding the hooks . Having said that all my 1.5 and + are on AJ heavy wires . .Except for the Copper tubes of course
(whistling innocently )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts