Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I landed my hands on a 4 1/2 in. × 2 in wide brass salmon reel. It's estimated to be around 100 years old. It needs some work. I sent Bill Archuleta an email and spoke with him and I will include his response. I hope he does not mind. It has no drag mechanism and free spools. The screws are stripped, which requires a lot of work that Bill estimated around 350 on his end. I'm not interested in having it repaired, so I thought I'd put it on the pages to see if anyone out there that may be savvy enough to repair themselves, or use as a collectors piece, etc. Asking 150 shipped.

See pics below.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill Archuletta's recommendation for repair: Every screw, both on the winding plate and back of the frame, looks burred beyond the point where they can be removed. It may take drilling them out to remove them which will be a bit costly. Looking at the back of the frame, it does appear to have some type of click mechanism, but the pawl is probably worn out (and maybe the click gear on the spool. I can probably make a new pawl, but the gear is irreplaceable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts