Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shattering my overly-noodly St.Croix 3-wt, I'm looking for another small-stream rod with faster action, 7-8' long, in 4 pieces. In contrast to another comment in this forum, the Scott rods I tried seemed very slow, and the Sage DS2 to have a very good feel. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think Sage re-released the LL series in a 3wt this year which is
a righteous stick. You can easily cast the whole line with it. Might
be just the fast 3wt you're looking for.

·
Swinger of Flies
103 Posts
I throw an 8ft 3 wt DS2 and I have been happy with it. A Tioga 2 and a DT fit it very nicely. That is my first 3 wt.....so dont have much to compare it too, but I enjoy the heck out of that little thing.

Jay

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Fly Logic 8' 3/4

The FLO series is a fast rod with a sweet tip. Good feel to it and real nice with a triangle taper 4 or delta 3/4. Very nice rod for about 1/2 the cost of a Sage or Scott.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hmmm...

I don't think most would consider the Sage XP or Scott S3 series, even in 3 or 4 weights, "very slow" in action...

The Scott G series is a medium action rod which is a heck of a lot of fun to spey cast single handed and is many a hard core dry fly fisherman's dream...

I just got back from West Yellowstone, where I had a lot of fun with 3 and 4 weights, and even successfully spey fished to rising trout with a 7' 3 weight Scott Fiberglass rod... loads of fun...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts