Spey Pages banner

which of these do you do you own and like best

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way

you can post your other down here so we know what it is. maybe if there is alot of one other we can post it in the next poll. their was some blank spots on this one and remember this poll and the reel one only last 30 days from 2-2-05 any ways tight lines brownie1013
<'}}}}>~~~< :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so many good rods

and to little spaces i was only aloud ten spots for answers to this poll mabe next time eventhough they are great rod but so are a lot of others i tryed chosing the top and left a few space for more later on another poll maybe. any ways thanks for voting and good luck to you and tight lines brownie1013
<'}}}}>~~~<

·
Registered
150 Posts
B&W Powerlite range will top my list. Carron rods are also up there.

Gordon

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Other

Seems the major players in spey rods are not the major players in spey rod manufacturing, with the "Other" category the big winner here.

My favorites are CND and Meiser, and although I don't own one yet I have to also mention Burkheimer. I've cast a couple and love them. I'll have one before long.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it nice to see

you guy are having fun at this. and we will have to do another poll. in the one hander world these are the top brands this is why i bought my tfo. but is seem like so far a lot of others like other brands. mabe some one can get me a list of of the other brands that are missing that are good choises. thanks brownie1013

<'}}}}>~~~<

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
and to little spaces i was only aloud ten spots for answers to this poll mabe next time
Maybe I missed something but I only see 7 choices.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Meiser Rods by far are the best casting rods for me and then there are a plethora (gotta love the "Three Amigos!") of other rods out there that are pleasurable to cast as well.... burkies, loops, t&t's...etc

vinnie

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I am sorry, but I think that this kind of poll is silly. There are no bad rods out there any more, they all do the trick. It will come down to individual casting styles and rod action preferences - a poll like this is meaningless. It is like polling what is better Ford, Chevy, etc.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
There were only spaces for 5 choices...

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,532 Posts
I would second Kush's comments. I would think the information you are looking for could best be obtained by searching the forums for past discussion on specific rods. Narrow down your search to a few that match your style, cost and needs and then if you need more information, post specific questions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
But did you vote?

I agree with Kush over the fact that there's no bad or wrong rods today, Their just not lined properly. True too, is the individual style aspect.

However Kush's finding this poll to be meaningless, is wrong and undemocratic. Brownie1013 is the one laying out the money for a new rod, not you and not me. If this is his way of attemping to make some sense of it all, who are we to tell him otherwise.

Besides, my candidate is winning.

Tom Hill

·
Registered
640 Posts
2 big hitters left off

Gotta agree with CND and Meiser as key absentees from the list, but I do think Kush is right that we're blessed with a large number of well-made rods from a variety of makers...more than ever before. It's nice to see expansion in the specialty rod niches too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
here is the list

if there is any left off please leave a post to tell me be fore i post it thanks again and tight lines
brownie 1013 :devil: :devil: :devil:
cnd
carron
meiser
burkheimer
bruce & walker
t & t
sage
scott
loomis
loop

<'}}}}>~~~~<

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.