Spey Pages banner

3 oldies

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  whiskeyjin 
#1 ·
Hey all. Have not been tying a lot lately but I have been finding pockets of time here and there. Still coming here to check out what everyone has been tying tho, always a kick in the butt to sit down at the vise!
Anyways here are 3 patterns that I have liked since first seeing them. They all sort of share a shape, length of hackles and a certain flow that I really dig on.

Drum Sunset on a 3/0 Partridge Kirby

Black Dog on a 2/0 HE2 (the pattern was taken from a photo of a vintage P.D. Malloch Fly on FF&P which I just though looked so good)

Millais also on a 2/0 HE2 This is kind of my interpretation of this P.D. Malloch pattern also taken from Flies, Feathers and Phantoms)

Cheers and tight lines.
James

See less See more
#5 ·
Cheers Fellas!

Scott. All is well brother, all is well. Back in the PDX in feb, we should have a brew.

Mike. I totally agree, I think the drum and the dog are fishers for sure... the other just caught my eye so much that I had to give it a go!

Cheers.
James

#12 ·
Todd, you're just saying that cuz' it reminds you of foam :p just in jest, my friends:hihi:

I dig the drum (to be honest, I've hesitated tying any of the Drum series just because they didn't seem to catch my fancy, but yours looks superb and it has changed my mind)

Cheers, Mr Reid!

Adrian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.