Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK spey dudes... ya wouldn't give me the snake poke, even though I cleared it with Riveraddict; and was the first to stumble upon, talk about and refine it's execution before bringing it out right here on the speypages. Now I hear people saying "snake poke" often so at least I might get away with the honor of having named it as George Cook named the Snap-T. Lucky for me "Perry Snake" didn't have a good ring to it :hihi: :p

BUT SERIOUSLY...

I have come up with a very functional new cast, or so I think. I know it is not anything I have ever seen in North America but after watching Simon's oozlum spey I will have to check with the grand masters across the puddle before claiming any such credit.

Before I talk about it I want to make a video clip to post. Verbals descriptions are just too hard.

It's nothing revolutionary but it's very evolutionary, and fun to do. I'll get the clip done over the weekend.

:lildevl:

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
When using shorter head lines, this has been a go to cast for me in leiu of the Double Spey or traditional Snake Roll. I am definately still working with the cast though, trying to perfect the setup so that when I go to perform the forward cast, the d-loop is always 180 degrees from my target.

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll like the new one... I think :cool:

Just gotta pay my kid to video it :tongue:

·
Registered
273 Posts
OOZLUM spey?

Juro,
Your post memtioned the OOZLUM SPEY for the 2nd time in a post that I have read, now describe it please. I'm puzzled..Klem

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes please. Don't bait us and leave us hanging. I know what a wife feels like now after she has had some foreplay and then her oldman passes out.

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:hihi: :chuckle:

I should hope that Simon G himself will answer this one - I don't want to mess up the description of this 'unique' cast from the old country, the oozlum spey.

Or with his permission I could do a video capture to mpeg of him demonstrating it at a flyshow on a home video I got from a friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts