Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI for those of you looking for a copy of "Spey Flies and How to Tie Them" by Bob Veverka. I just ordered this book from Books-A-Million for $34.95 with a publish date of Jan 2015.

Sure beats paying close to $200 for the 1st printing.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Are you sure?

"Classic Steelhead Flies" by Shewey is due to be published & available 15 Jan 2015 for about that price....

Don't see anything about a Shewey reprint of "Spey & Dee Flies"....

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Bob Veverka

Not Shewey's

Have a paper back copy of Shewey;'s I will call very good condition available not at 500.00

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Not Shewey's

Have a paper back copy of Shewey;'s I will cqall very good condition available not at 500.00
Sorry - misread OP!

·
Hacker
592 Posts
Both Ververka and Shewey's new books are available for pre-order. That was my Christmas present! I was told that Amazon said they were shipping both on 15 Jan when mine was ordered.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Just an FYI for those of you looking for a copy of "Spey Flies and How to Tie Them" by Bob Veverka. I just ordered this book from Books-A-Million for $34.95 with a publish date of Jan 2015.

Sure beats paying close to $200 for the 1st printing.
Cheaper from Amazon. If you order it from Bob via Facebook you get it signed....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I preordered both and just got an email saying they will be to me by the 8th of January so sounds like they are available now. Might have to get a signed copy from bob now that I know that!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I too pre ordered the veverka book from amazon and just got an email notification saying it will be here between jan 7th and 9th.

BTW a big thank you to everyone that emailed the publisher to help the reprint happen!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Unsubstantiated but Well Placed Source...

I was in an email conversation with an established fly shop proprietor near Portland OR this week who related that Amato Publications told him that they will be reissuing "Spey Flies and Dee Flies" this coming Fall or early Winter, 2015. Anyone else heard such?

Steve Cole

1 - 12 of 12 Posts