Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steelhead Valhalla Sustut rods - 2016
Steelhead Valhalla is a great lodge on the Sustut Approx 5 miles from the Skeena confluence.

The Sustut is known for the size of its fish, they average larger than any other river in the world. The lodge is very professional, great guides, comfortable lodging and a world renowned river in the heart of Skeena Country.

1-8 September 2016 available through Pesqa.com

Price is $6500

Please email [email protected] to make a booking
Many thanks
Sam Franklin
http://www.pesqa.com/

·
River Rat
314 Posts
Why does your New Zealand Brown trout trip have a picture of a Rainbow trout?

You need an Ichthyologist and a new Marketing team.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for checking out Pesqa! Pesqa is a new site and we love to hear feedback to ensure we are creating a site which is valuable to anglers and outfitters alike.

Our marketplace enables outfitters to list their own trips via the outfitter create trip admin and as such they manage their own listing. This is very different from most other fishing travel sites as we offer outfitters the tools to market their trips for free and standardize the presentation, enabling enables anglers to base their decisions on the criteria which are important to them, such as anglers reviews! Outfitters can list their trips how and when they like, continuing to market them independently adding and removing availability as they wish. We take the quality of the listings very seriously and we work with outfitters to ensure their listings are informative and visually appealing to the angler.

With regards to the listing you mention, New Zealand's rivers support a variety of species including Brown Trout, Rainbows and a variety of coarse fish such as Rudd. New Zealand is known primarily as a Brown Trout destination and this is the reason we chose a trip name to reflect this. However, Rainbows are also a large part of the wonderful fishing experience. Further, we are incredibly careful with the type of images we use because we feel that there is a company responsibility to help promote positive handling techniques of fish which are to be released. Hopefully this explains why you see an image of a Rainbow on a Brown Trout trip, but I do agree that a rainbow should not be the thumbnail image, that slipped trough the net!

Lastly, what you see now is a 'Beta' site, after a first round of beat testing we have identified items which need to be changed. Our developers are building V2 as we speak and we will be releasing a radically different site in the coming week. This evolution of Pesqa is very natural in the software development process as the aim is product market fit. The feedback loop is greatly shortened when we hear your thoughts about what you want from a fishing travel site. What do you like? What don't you like? Its very helpful so please continue.

Please keep visiting Pesqa and offer us your feedback as our site evolves. Our next release is coming very soon and I will post a comment on Speypages when the changes go live.
Many thanks,
Sam Franklin
www.pesqa.com

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hi,

Lastly, what you see now is a 'Beta' site, after a first round of beat testing we have identified items which need to be changed. Our developers are building V2 as we speak and we will be releasing a radically different site in the coming week...
You want to do some "beat testing" your "beta site" into a "radically different" image of a Tarpon

·
River Rat
314 Posts
OP - did you ever sell Amway? Just curious...

You want to know what I don't like? Folks like you who add no content of value, but clutter the site with ads. You asked.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It seems these posts com up often with typical angry reactions like PBR's, this is why it is so sad this website does not mark who is a supporter with the right to advertise clearly in the users profile.

If this gentleman is a paid supporter who is helping keep the site alive I have no problems with him promoting his products. If not maybe PBR has a case…..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pesqa is a paid supporter of Spey Pages, we also create content which you will begin to see in the coming weeks.

I have been a forum member for many years prior to becoming a paying supporter of Spey Pages.

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi Pesqua, I am a little confused. My understanding for the lodges on the Sustat River, Vahalla and Suskeena, are that they usually book a year in advance once they know if their return customers are booking for the next year.
Is your add correct for the 2016 or do you mean to be saying 2015?
Maybe this is a Beta version of the intended post? :hihi: Sorry everone, I could not help myself on this one.:chuckle:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi,
The dates are for 2016 and I can confirm that this is not a beta version of the intended dates!
The opening is due to the lodge having a confirmation in advance that a client is not returning. You are correct in saying that this is not the normal scenario for lodge bookings.
Thanks
Sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts