Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, the Grand River Spey Clave with continue again this year. I’ve been working with a group of volunteers and the Friends of the Grand River President to keep the Clave going during Randy's recovery. The dates this year are October 3rd and 4th at Brant Park in Brantford Ontario. The park is booked and several presenters have been confirmed for the event. We are working to update the Web Site and the Facebook page. Please save these dates and let me know if you have any questions.

Email: [email protected]

Thanks
Steve.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grand River Spey Clave

Hello all, sorry for the delayed update regarding the Clave.
The poster/post cards should be ready in the next few days.
I'll try to get these out to the local shops in the next few weeks.
Please email me if you have any questions.
[email protected]

Thanks
Steve.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
299 Posts
Anyone from here going? I'll be heading down on the Saturday and taking part in the casting clinic. It'll be interesting to see what I can do with my new rod and reel!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Casting classes

Jeff Liskay and Pete Humphreys are planning to give casting lessons pre-clave on Friday. Seems not to be widely known. These two are widely regarded as top casters, teachers and, more importantly, as excellent Steelheaders from Ohio and Michigan. Believe me, I have known them for years, you won't regret spending a few hours with them on the river:)

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Jeff Liskay and Pete Humphrey

Hey SpeyDoc, well put, if any one is serious about Swinging flies this is a great opportunity to spend some time with a couple of the best.
You won't find a better person in the industry than Jeff Liskay.
Wish I could be there, but on another continent.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Grand River Spey Clave

Agree with Spaydoc as well!! Humphreys and Liskay are top notch!!!! Both have extensive experience, are excellent casters and outstanding instructors!
Mitch

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hoping to attend Sunday, pretty busy at work right now. Waders have given up the ghost so shopping for some new ones.

·
Mending Mending
93 Posts
See you all there this weekend! I may stop in on Saturday but ill be fishing on the way down.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Special visitor on Saturday

I had a great time despite the weather on Saturday. It was really windy and cold! All the presenter were fantastic as were all the manufacturer reps. Met some new people and some that I knew from before during the day offering advice to my friend who has never held a spey rod in his hands. He's still on the river now practising the tips that he received there (he actually picked up an outfit the day before the clave). He' so green, so it's information overload for him right now. Thanks to all who helped him out. The fly tiers were unbelievable, some really nice tying going on in the tent. A special thanks to all the volunteers who put this together (organizators, bbq personnel, presenters, and manufacturers). It is a truly special event and I will spread the word to as many people as I can to come and see this event. I will attend each and every one. I have to say the highlight of the day was when I saw a taxi pull up with a wheelchair ramp. It was good to see Randy back at the clave again! I wish you all the best in your recovery.
Walter

·
Registered
299 Posts
It was indeed a good time. I attended Saturday for the first time. Even though I went alone, it was still great to meet a few people and learn a few things. I took part in Newell's casting clinic and casted a Spey rod for the first time. A few times I managed to shoot a bit of running line, and oh man does that bring a smile to ones face! Hope to meet some more people on the river this fall!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts