Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

A number of people have requested I put up a schedule of spey classes I am teaching for 2005.

I hope Dana doesn't mind, but if you do, Dana, remove this with alacrity!

Just click on this link to find out;

http://www.rioproducts.com/pages/speyschoolform.asp

There will be more and the link will be updated each time a school is confirmed. :eek:

All the best
Simon

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dana, you must be one of the good guys!

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Hey Speybro, I will see you on the 16th and 17th on the Santiam. I am looking foreward to a great 2 day class, tight lines,brian :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, great!...Now, what do I do 'till August?

Seriously, I am a Spey newbie, but having been bitten by the two-hand bug (Thanks a lot, Juro! :cool: ) I need all the help I can get. Any suggestions for videos, books, East Coats tutors, etc. will be appreciated.

Best regards,

-Doc

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Hi Andre,the Santiam class is this month, it is a 2004 school that was supposed to be held in june i think but was changed to october.tight lines,brian

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Brian

Nice to hear you are on this class. It looks like a good crew and will be a pretty advanced class. I am rubbing my hands in anticipation of this one.......

Doc, Juro is a mighty fine instructor, if you are looking for one on the East coast. Topher Brown is another I would definitley recommend, apart from that, there are not many others I can think of.

As to videos and books, there aren't many out there. The Derek Brown video is very good and a must for any video library on spey casting. It is also worth looking at the Mel Krieger tape and John and Amy Hazel's dvd. I think the International Spey Casting video (or dvd) that Jim, Leif Stavmo and myself did, is good enough for a look as well.

All the best
Simon

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi Spey Bro, Looking to have a lot of fun in this class. Will have time to re-read your book so we can play stump the instructor. Am learning to cast with my left hand up so will have some questions about that. See you next weekend.
Leroy.........................

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Simon, of course you've had such a huge impact on my learning curve that I am truly indebted.

Doc, I do enjoy spreading the Spey gospel and it would be an honor to hold a Spey sermon soon on our coast. I'll contact you offline.

Speybro, I would love to attend your advanced class this year; I'll keep an eye on your class schedule and try to get in before they sell out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts