Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of email inquiries since Christmas on this, so here we go!

1. I’m pleased to announce that I’ll once again be teaching the Michael & Young Spey School March 27th and 28th, 2004. We will have three sessions this year:

Introductory (for those new to Speycasting): we will learn the roll cast, and the basics of the single spey and double spey
March 27th, 8 am – 12pm. Cost $70 CDN

Intermediate (continues the morning session, or for those who have some experience with Spey Stuff): refining the roll cast and the single and double spey
March 27th, 1 pm – 5pm. Cost $70 CDN

For those who would like to attend for the full day, the cost for both sessions on the 27th will be $125 CDN.

Advanced. Improve your Speycasting with advanced casts such as the snake roll and circle cast. Learn to add distance and power to your casts.
March 28th, 8 am – 5 pm. Cost $125 CDN

For those who would like to attend both days, the cost will be $225 CDN.

Please contact Michael & Young Fly Shop at 604.588.2833 to register.

More schools to follow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dana, et al

If anyone is interested in our opinion, Dianne and I really enjoyed and learned from our session several years ago. It was a professional and class act.

Crusty

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whistler School

rescheduled to Saturday April 3rd 2004. Held on the Squamish River in Squamish, BC, @ 40 minutes north of Vancouver BC.

Contact Brian at Whistler Flyfishing for more details: 604.932.7221 or 1-888-822-3474

email [email protected]

Crusty,

thanks for the great review!:)

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Michael & Young School this coming weekend

Saturday morning (Introductory) session has filled well, and the afternoon (Intermediate) session is also filling up. We will have three instructors for you on Saturday, which will give everyone lots of contact time. Still a couple of spots left.

The Sunday session (advanced) is about 1/2 full so we still have room for you if you'd like to join us.

Contact Michael & Young to register: 604.588.2833.

See you on the weekend!

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kamloops Fly Shop July Spey Schools

The Kamloops Flyshop will be hosting Spey Pages casting clinics July 23rd, 24th & 25th 2004.

July 23rd will be an evening orientation session at the shop.

July 24th will feature a morning session for beginners ($70) where you will learn the basics of Spey casting including the roll cast, single spey and double spey, and an afternoon session ($70) for intermediate casters or those who have completed the morning session. The afternoon session will refine the single and double spey and introduce some advanced casts if time permits. For those wishing to take both sessions the cost will be $125.

July 25th ($125) will be designed for intermediate and advanced casters who want to take their casting to the next level. Advanced casts like the snap-t and snake roll will be covered, as well as long belly distance casting and the underhand cast for shooting heads.

Casters can take participate both days for $225.

For more info contact the shop at 250.377.8461or via email at [email protected].

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks to Michael & Young for another great class!

Thanks to Dave, Rick and Aaron at Michael & Young for another great school! We had 11 casters Saturday in the howling wind and rain, 8 Sunday for the Advanced class in the bright sunshine! Co-instructors Rick Stahl and Aaron Goodis did a great job ensuring that everyone had lots of contact time and the feedback has been very positive!

Looking forward to next year!

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update

Kamloops Spey School with the Kamloops Fly Shop is starting to fill so if you are interested contact Al, Ron or Steve at the shop (contact info above).

I'm teaching a private 2 day spey school in Calgary in early July--this course is full.

I still have a few spaces available for private lessons in July. Please contact me to arrange a lesson.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's a wrap!

Thanks to Al, Steve and Ron at the Kamloops Fly Shop for their first class hosting of another Spey Spages Spey School. We had tarps to keep the sun off us, liters of water and juice, and a great shoreside BBQ lunch with complimentary salsa, guac and chips from fresh is best salsa company (free plug). It was great to see old friends Ron, Jerry, Randy and Jim from past schools and to meet all of the new spey casters from Kamloops. Looking forward to next year!

Thanks to everyone who attended the 2004 Spey Pages Spey Schools and private Spey lessons; they were a great success. Each year we do a few more and it's great to meet so many of you and have the support for the site.

Apart from private classes I don't have anything further planned for 2004. I haven't forgotten about the Underhand casting clinic and, depending on how things go I might hold one this fall, but I have this clinic slotted in for 2005.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts