Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First 'for sure' on 2004's WWFFF's Charity Spey Casting Clinic.

Confirm. with Way and Steve that 'they're good to go!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D for 2004. As has been the case for the past few years, the 'class' is limited to 10 folks (not counting 'significant others'' .. who had better darned show up for the event!!) so the Teacher/Student ratio is 5-1.

Point of the clinic, as always, is to generate a significant amount of funds to support youth fishing programs throughout the US. (Anyone got a good Canadian idea!!!!; would be too cool for us Canucks:devil: )

Back to the point: third weekend in March, 2004. Without a cal. in my lap, dates are March 20-21'st (give or take a day there) next spring. Reason for the dates ... is GREAT class, fingers crossed, great weather, great water conditions .. and the upper Rogue is up to it's ears in winter run steelhead for 'before's and after' world class winter fly fishing.

The Jimmie Jones, The BobMeister, the "Redhead" and the rest of your 'facilitators' are good to go!! As has been the case for the past, J and F's B and B is good to go for 'bunking over' and we'll have our new MH for more. Jim (bless his beard) has also opened his home) so most of the folks won't need to 'rent a room' at the local motel (actually, a very good one) a block/half away. "PS"here; bunking 'over' includes as many days before/after as you want. No s...; lots of folks can attest to that.

Whole point (aside from the great instuctions/food/"beverage" is you'll leave understanding the Greek term: "Agape," rather than "Familia." (If I've got those spellings correctly.)

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill, you had, just needed to confirm..

the dates.

PM box is filling up now with count me in's. Once folks confirm, I'll start a running post with names, etc.

Idea being, to keep costs down for folks, most of the "students" will either stay with Joan or I, or at Jim's home. We'll also have our new motor home by then so more fluffy pillows available.

In the past, we've usually got at least two more RV's plugged in behind the house for folks who want to 'byoRV.' If you want to do a motel, there are two or three within a 2 minute drive of the front door.

For breakfast, the "Wild Goose" a couple of blocks away has great food, service, and don't charge an arm and a leg for a good meal. Vis a vis meals, the 'tuition' includes a beach lunch on Saturday, a full court press dinner party on Saturday evening (that "party" has a tendency to start as early as Wednesday evening through Tuesday. Lots of folks come early, stay after and hit the Rogue for winter steelhead fishing).

fae/jee/jdj/bm, et. al.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get your thinking caps on for where the

Board donation(s) should go for 2004.

As always, the net funding from the Clinic will go to group(s) that sponc. youth fishing activities. For tax purposes (yours!) the group either has to be a 503c1 non-profit, or have one we can channel the funding.

I have NO preconcieved notions where to send the funds, so it's the Board's call!! But would like suggestions as quickly as reasonable so we can correspond with the folks ahead of time.
:D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Cost?

Fred - what is the cost?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ted, don't have the 'costs' nailed down yet...

but it's looking like we'll stay at the $350 for the clinic and 'before/afters.'

TO ASSURE!!! (I can screw things up without help! :>) ) I get everybody down correctly (remember, the clinic is capped at a maximim of 10 or 11 students - 5 to 1 teacher-student ratio and 'significant others.' Yes, the ladies ARE!! invited!!! and had better darned well attend) ...

PLEASE send me a e mail at [email protected] Please include your address/home-work phone numbers.

Capture/print these so I can do my Excel spread sheets .. and keep the proper postings to the board.

:D :D

Sorry for the add on here vis a vis the spread sheet, but I do keep full records for you and the IRS ... all-be-it they've never asked. Checks will be made out to 'Charity Spey Casting Clinic' and are deposited at Key Bank (still active from year one). Point being, as the funds end up with 503c-1's, the 'donation,' or a large part thereof, should keep the tax man happy.

CRAP! Another add on: for you folks who have attended a prior Clinic, I won't be making new name plates for you so BE SURE you have your 'old ones.' If you can't find same, let me know so I can get new ones made .. and for the 'new folk,' they're not junk paper stuff.

Ah what the heck ... third add: Dave/Ms. M, et. al. glad to have you back!! Bill/Penny .. is 'our' toy coming north? Would love to do a drift with you.

·
Steelhead Dreamer
462 Posts
Fred,

Your PM box continues to be overflowing so kindly consider this my confirmation to attend if there is still room.

Regards,

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Roger that on the over stuffed PM box.

I've actually been cleaning it out every other day, but it's all good news!!

Please shoot me a e mail at [email protected] with your full name, address, phone number and whether you'll be bringing a 'significant other' with you.

As has been in the past, I also have name plates made up for these folks. Reason I ask you all to shoot me the e mail is pretty well covered above, but the secondary reason (!) is I may not be able to connect your board name with your given name.... and that's a bit :eek: if I 'punt.'

:hehe:

·
124 Posts
I'll be there

fred,
Count me in!! Last year was the best!!! I have another great bottle of single malt to bring to the Evans B & B... Your really gonna like this one!!

-Doug Duncan

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You had 'bloody well'come!!!

Would have to drive to Kalif. to drag you north.

Shoot me the e mail with the 'required' info so I can properly post to the board.. Hugs to you (and several others who've been with Joan and I) and yours!!!

jee/fae

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gad! We're within one of filling the Charity Spey Clinic.

The BobMeiser/RodMaster sent me an e mail on his suggested 'beach lunch' for Saturday. EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!!!

Mind is already buzzing on meals for the group at the 'collection point' at J and F's B and B. Got some very cool ideas; no one goes away needing a bite to eat later.

BUT!!!!! and this is a no sh.. shylock question!!!

j and i need to know if anyone has a food issue we need to know about. No big deal as we can easily plan ahead ... IF we know!!

jee/fee/bm/jdj .. and hopefully ... special guests for the weekend.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lee/Dorothy: Very Cool!!

Even more fun as Joan and I LOVE your company!!
:D :D :D

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
First cut on confirmed attendies!

Doug Duncan
7454 Saginaw Way
Citurs Heights, CA 95610

Bob/Melinda Pauli

John Grice
9050 Kelsey Creek Drive
Kelseyville, CA 95451
707 279 2607

Brian Yates
2235 SW 28th St
Redmond, OR 97756
541 923 8550

Bruce E. Harang
PO BOX 872735
Vancouver, WA 98687-2735
828 230 0450

Bill Kessler
2200 Spencer Hill Road
Corning, NY 14830
607 962 6402

Bill and Penny Siska

John Rogers
6319 Upham St.
Arvada, Colorado 80003
303 431 9499

Leroy/Dorothy Teeple

Jay H. Beckstead
217 So. Modoc Ave
Medford, OR 97504
[email protected] (H)
541-770-8014 (H)
541-608-4191 (W)

:devil:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Roger that on a major airport!

Not sure of all the locations, but direct fleights from Seattle, Porland, San Francisco and LA. A new small regional airway has also started up that I think flys in/out of Phoenix, AZ.

Jim, shoot me an e mail [email protected] so I get your full name, address and phone number for the roster.

With you, that's the class!

fae

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Very Cool News!!

Sean will be joining us for the 2004 Charity Clinic!! TOO COOL!!

It's his 'nimble fingers' that make this whole thing work; and you'll get to meet the newest member of the Evans' Family: (Ciao) "BELLA" (means beautiful/sweetie in Italian)

"Puppy Person" is a pooped fuzz ball asleep at my feet. Yellow Lab pup; has 'Cute' down pat.
:D

Other VERY GOOD NEWS: MJC, from the "Red Shed" has sent me two gift certificates for the Clinic. Name tags into the hat: one for the guys, one for the ladies. (Sorry guys, you can't win-um' all.)

fae/jee/Saki AND 'Bella' the Pooch.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts