Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Does anybody have any experience on Gatti rods?
We dont have Gatti in Finland at all, so its something I dont no nothing. I heard they are very nice rods, excellent work and good price?
Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same stuff here. Here in Finland one fisherman was selling his G.Loomis GLX 13´for good price, he told that he will have Gatti 13´.
He said its the best rod he has ever casted!
Thats the reason I started to get some intrest...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Gatti rods

nevada caster said:
they have their catalog on the internet at the following address.
they do have some 12 to 14' rods listed but no prices. I have noticed their internet presence for 3 or 4 years but have never run into anyone with one of their rods

http://www.fly-fishing.cz/ceniky_download/katalog_gatti.pdf
NC -

Are you aware of our "direct link" policy? We allow links to non-sponsors, but we ask that you send an email to Gatti (cc: [email protected]) suggesting in your own words that they consider becoming a sponsor. That's it!

Thanks and we'll look for the email.

Admin

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
I have cast Gatti single hand rods several years ago at the Seattle Sportsman's Show. This was when the Kingdome was still in existence, so it must be 5 or more years ago. Anyhow, the single handers were very fast, tip action rods. In fact, I thought at the time that they were purposely rated one line under what they really were so that they would force a person to use a very short stroke.

I did not like them because they did not have the fast but progressive action that I prefer. At that time Gatti did not produce anything longer than a 9 foot rod. And as far as I know they are still being made in Italy, as they were then.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I haven't heard anything about their 2 handers but all of the feedback I've found on their single handers is EXTREMELY impressive.I have been considering building one for a while and almost everyone who has cast one/owns one seems to feel that these rods are virtually without equal.They are THE lightest rod blanks on the market today.They are available in various actions and configurations.The only down side I've found so far is the warranty issue.The rods still come from Italy and delivery time can be quite long.Also the rods do not carry an unconditional lifetime warranty.They are guaranteed one time against breakage and after that a replacement/repair fee is charged. Their homepage is www.gatti-flyrods.it You can also read some reviews of the single handers at www.flyanglersonline.com

·
Registered
889 Posts
I too was wondering if anybody had any experience with the longer Gatti two handers?

I did throw one of their shorter rods- the 11' 8/9 built by Bob Meiser (as a two hander)- this past summer. Very impressed, nearly called him up and said that his particular rod was not going home! That stick would make an outstanding rod for fishing atlantic salmon in Quebec during the early season with high water and large fish.

There are tackle dealers in the states that carry the blanks and rods now, do an internet search. Bob Meiser also builds on them so he may be an option to get one as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts