Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice my fav from you. if we get real picky longer horns would bring it over the top in my opinion
Totally, I should have dyed a couple slips of Amherst a d followed the flow of the wing over the top, 1 barb on each side.

·
Administrator
19,093 Posts
That is pretty :smokin:
Your best yet !!
I do agree about the horns though ... your idea with the Amherst would be cool .

Mike

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is pretty :smokin:
Your best yet !!
I do agree about the horns though ... your idea with the Amherst would be cool .

Mike
Nice profile on that wing, Matt! I agree with, Mike. My favorite from your vise.

Adrian
Thanks Mike and Adrian, these are fun, it is absolutely at the ragged edge of crest lengths, more to come fellas!

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
your crests and keels tell me that you really should be tying the jay pt, emerald gem, rouge et noir, etc.

and doing it exceptionally well.

cheers,
shawn

last request: are your crests stacked or pyramidal?

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Out of the park, brother. Out of the park...:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Tony
Thanks Tony, man I sure appreciate it!

your crests and keels tell me that you really should be tying the jay pt, emerald gem, rouge et noir, etc.

and doing it exceptionally well.

cheers,
shawn

last request: are your crests stacked or pyramidal?
Stacked, and I cheated by using some cement to keep them after stacking 3,I think there is 6 in this one.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speechless.......
I love tying these, very fun, and I think I discovered a trick to get the head size down, all the previous ones including this one have those blunt short taper heads. Thank you for kind words, and look for more to come.

·
Registered
7 Posts
another great looking tie. I am envious. I tied a couple of spey flies and a green Highlander for a contest in Arkansas at the Sow Bug Round Up figuring few flies for steelhead would be entered in the contest for salmon and steelhead. Will be tying at the Sow Bug but don't as yet know time or day. hope thursday am as I am pulling out for home that Friday 3/27/15.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts