Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
19,122 Posts
Beautiful salar :smokin::smokin:
Very clean and bright, gets my blood just boiling for salmon !!
Very nice intimate river as well .... thanks for posting :)

Mike

·
Registered
734 Posts
Okay, but

But where's the hip-hop soundtrack or the headbanging heavy metal? Or the shot of your digital alarm clock (red numbers only, please) letting us know that you have to get up extremely early to catch fish? No bed-head bro shots? Or the hero scenes of you walking--slo mo, jump cut, slo mo--down the path to Mosul--I mean, the river? ;)

Seriously, 'always look forward to your clips. "Angry Salmon" still gets my heart pumping. Puts us all right on the river, waiting for the tug.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank's for the video appreciation. ..as you can see the hook was well down the throat of that fish and luckily top side and not gill raker...still it was a difficult release from a very lively fish which has been criticised on YouTube. ..sometimes unhooking can be tricky.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That was a hot fish and obviously wanted that fly, sometimes it's hard to have the perfect release that everyone wants to see. Love you videos, would sure love to have rivers like those that you fish...

Alan

·
Administrator
19,122 Posts
That was a hot fish and obviously wanted that fly, sometimes it's hard to have the perfect release that everyone wants to see.
I agree with Alan, sometimes we try to take as much care as we possibly can when releasing fish, both salmon and steelhead. However we are dealing with a wild fish that wants to return home. Picture perfect releases are not always the case.
It wouldn't be the first time that a fish took a fly deep and then took off on me like that :hihi:
Main thing is you got the hook out and the fish will heal, rest assured :)

Mike

·
Spey Is The Way
1,025 Posts
Very nice. What river or rivers are you fishing?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Colin,

Love watching your videos, in this video it's like I'm right there waiting for that tug:Eyecrazy:. That fish had some crazy head shakes for about the first 30 seconds... Love it... Can't wait till our fish start to show up...

Alan

·
Banned
690 Posts
Nice piece of country there White...bright fish...lovely
Congrats on the first beautiful fish of this season...

HATE videos of guys reeling in fish...lets be honest here
mea culpa

1 - 20 of 54 Posts