Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a pair of Daiwa 18ft CF98's one new unused backup and one that's quite well used and trusted,,great rod!,,,,and i recently purchased a c98,same rod but slightly different,,,let's say i like the whippings and real seat better on the `C' rod:roll: ,and i'm bored with 3 the same!,anybody looking for an 18 to play or fish with i'm looking for a 16ft daiwa to play with,,kevlarWTF or an AMF Alltmor(original version),,i'l trade up down or sideways,cash,chickens,hay,first born or last:chuckle: ;) ,or consider any other interesting brand that's 15.6 or longer

·
Registered
625 Posts
18s

Hi Hammer,
I know you will be able to get some of the best names in Double-handed rods from the UK in the US and Canada direct, with full service, names like Clan , Bruce and Walker, and even the new rods from Diawa designed by Three times World Champion Scott Mackenzie.
So waiting a month or two might be worth considering.
Gordon.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
month or two

i might very well be fishing bait for rogue river spring chinook:eek: ,,highly unfortunate these fish like a dead anchovie rather than a fly,,,but one cannot have everything in life as one wishes,,,i simply must move to the coast!,,maybe in a perfect world(for me) aggressive biters may be found and longrods utilised instead of sitting 100 miles upriver,,,,,,,,,,,i love the action of these C and CF rods,,progressive!,,,i have Gary Anderson nearby and use his rods also but i dedicate the winter steelhead run to the 18,it's not right to have rods for years and not use them:rolleyes: the new one would make someone a nice complement to their arsenal and i'm in need of a 16 to round out mine,preferably an original alltmor but the kevlar rod WAS quite a cannon albeit slow recovering i loved fishing with it,i had 2 of those in fact:lildevl: the Alltmor seemed dainty in comparison but made a fantastc summer peice:hihi:

The new year IS just getting going and wonderful new rods will be designed, cast and fished with,Gary has a 15.10 6 section or somthing along those lines in the works,i'll always love a Daiwa!,,that name goes back to my childhood,,,,the 60's,,,,good things ahead!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gone!

to a well known auction site;) ,,still looking for a Daiawaia `Golden Autumn' an Alltmor AMF original version 16ft'r or:confused: so,,step up lads!:lildevl:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
open for bizinezz

i'll accept offers on the rods i have on eBay,,`only to a good home':D i just get a kick out of fishing with the 18's i believe they help your timing and rod positioning when you use shorter rods,,i have an 11 a 15 and well,,i've had all sorts of rods new and old,short and long=i love them all,all these rods are great! that's why i use them,,these Daiawaia's have a great feel to them that's all i can say,it's not about high end components it's about the blank,,,it's all about the blank on these,,if i could get Mr Gary Anderson to see the light and roll say,,,25 18's,,,he hates spigot joints whilst i feel they're the best in the field,,,,,,,,,OFFERS!,,DOGPILE ON THE OFFERS!,,step right up!get yer 18 right here while they're hot!:D

(i want a 16 Alltmor dang it!:mad: :chuckle: ;) )

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yes

anybody interested feel free to PM me or find my e-mail,i tried clicking on the hypolink for racera 36 but it didn't lite up for me,,,or go to that famous auction site and contact me,,or drive to the Rogue River City park here and look for an old guy with a long skinny stick a RedShed FlyShop hat and--- ----- ---------- -:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o-k

i'm dropping the price(s),,,on these surrealistic rods i have up for auction,,buy them both and i'll give you and as many pals as you want to share the water with:chuckle: a ride down the Rogue to some tasty two-handed riffles runs and chutes for a day,,lunch/ale included,,i'm not a licensed guide any longer but i know the way downriver:lildevl: ,,,,,,i've gone off now and am returning to my motorbikes as my main passion ,,,,aside from my wife and a girlfreind or two:tsk_tsk: ,,so step up lads and grab a handfull!(or two),,,my motorbikes need me:saevilw:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts