Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Having read the encouraging review on this rod I was suprised to further discover it is an #11 weighted rod but weighs only 9.25 oz. This seems to be much lighter than equivalent 15' rods in this field (e.g. Hardy, B&W, Loop, Sage - not sure about T&T).

For me 9 hours of continuous Speycasting can be a bit of a backbreaker and the weight reduction in this rod is appealing. Does anybody regularly use this rod and can they provide me with any further info about its action, build quality, line suitability ?

Cheers,

Tom

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Tom,

This is a rather nice medium-fast rod that will not break the bank since it sells for $250.00 USD. It is, in my opinion, a 10 weight rather than an 11 weight. It does not have the power of the T&T, new Hardy, B&W, or Loop rods either. There really are very few true 11 weight 2-handers on the market. The ones that are available are both expensive and very powerful fishing tools. And yes, there is a big difference between a 10 weight and an 11 weight 2-hander.

For what it is, it is a great value - just don't expect it to do what the better quality and more expensive 2-hand 10 weights will do. I liked it best with the 9/10 MidSpey or Long Delta lines when I've cast it.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Tom, short answer.

Post above has just about nailed it down tight. This rod requires the 'right line' match up, then a very good Spey Tool.
fae

1 - 3 of 3 Posts