Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im locking for a new floating line rod. Im mostly gonna use it to the April fishing with small flies in the river Dee . And low water fishing in the Norwegian rivers . I have cast the SAGE and i liked it . How about the two others compare to the Sage?? Any other rod advice

Any advice vere i can order the rod (blank) from USA

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Loco _Alto
Thanks for your advice,. But i cant get my hands of them all for test casting :( Do they cast the same lines ??

WillieGun
Yeas the Scottish Dee:)
But i dident know the B&W was so mutsh better than the SAGE :tsk_tsk: I have cast with the B&W Norway 16' #9-10 It was a good rod but to powerful for wat im searshing for. It cast heavyer lines than my 15' #10 Sage traditional rod. Any idea on rod model that could fit me . The Powerlite 15 #7-9 maybe:confused:
But the B&W are 3 pice like the T&T:( 4 pice should be standard.

I got two 15' #10 rods so the rod i want must be at least one line class lighter.

I think i should try a Lee Wulf TT #8 or #9 line on the rod, who i think should be an good line for fine presentation. I have mostly fished with shooting- heads before(like most others here in Skandinavia)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone who knows anything about this one ?? Loomis GL4 15' #8-9 . I have never heard about it.. Must be old stuff :tsk_tsk:

ttp://www.customtackle.com/cgi-bin/cts/ctstore.cgi?page=loomisgl4.html&cart_id=1046371_774&partner=cts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:) Thank alot for all great advice :)

Sadly the T&T and B&W are 3 pice . It fiels stupid to begin buy 3-pice rods again :(

Its between SAGE and SCOTT :) I own some SAGE but no SCOTT .
Maybe its time for a Scott now:devil:

Anybody ho nows if the green Sage 1509 is the same as the new brown one ?? .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GPearson said:
Hi Ozzy,

The Scott 1509 is one of my favorite fishing rods. Very powerful yet not a super quick rod. I also like the T&T. It is very tippy, quick. The rods require very different casting styles is my opinion, but I fish both to learn the different casts.

What type of lines do you plan on fishing?

Greg
I normaly fish with shooting heads 12-14 meters on my rods.
But on this one i think im gonna try Lee Wulff TT #8 or #9

I tried the TT lines on the river Dee last spring and i liked them.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.