Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had no takers on just the motor, so, its now a package deal.

2008 Lowe 1448MT
2015 Merc 25HP factory jet
2009 EZ trailer

The boat is in good shape. Typical scratches and bow rash. No leaks or dents. Bow and stern anchor rollers. Rear transom aluminum doubler for strength. plywood floor in main area.
rear box seat and a pedestal seat up front. Cheap old school Lowrance fish finder. Jet is awesome. Electric start with a manual pull as well. Runs super skinny. about 20 hours on motor. Very fuel efficient. Trailer is decent. Just
changed the oil in the hubs. Has spare as well. 2" coupler.

This boat has been in tons of lakes as well as lots of rivers. Fraser, Bulkley, Thompson, ect ect. Great boat for chasing fall steelhead. Selling as I have a new boat coming.

Message me your # and can send pics. I'm in Langley.

$7500 FIRM (Canuck dollars)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know jets lose a lot of power and wonder if you have an honest GPS speed on the rig a couple of big guys and pile of gear. No pics yet but would like an idea of how fast we can run with this with a good load in it.

Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the scoop. The jet is 25HP at the pump. So its like a 35HP powerhead or something like that. Two 200 lb men and fishing gear, gets on step no issues in the river. Lakes take a bit longer. I tested it in the river with a 3rd 200 pound man, and although it did manage to get on step going upstream, it took about 100 yards to do so. Took about 300 yards going down. Suffice to say, its a 2 man boat with a days gear. Speed? I cant say. 20? 25?mph. No idea. It gets me where I need to go but its no rocket ship. This boat is not about speed, its about skinny shallow water. Never hit bottom even though I thought I would.

If you look on my Instagram account, there are a few vids of the me running the boat on a lake and on the Bulkley. account is

fishforsteel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts