Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was thinking about putting a 10/11 sa short head spey on it. this line casts well on my 13 ft 6 8/9 lami. i was casting today on the grass and lake were i live about 70 to 75 feet and my casting does suck. but i know it will get better with practice. does anyone think if i put a 10/11 sa short head spey on the 14 ft 6 9/10 it would not work well. i thought i would be able to feel the rod load better.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
'Scottd, be sure to check with Leroy Teeple ..

on these rods. I think he's had a good chance to 'wring them all out.'

fae

·
Registered
439 Posts
Line

Lines that I have tried on the Lamiglas rods that work for me. A 5/6 Windcutter works well on the 12'6" 6, a 6/7 Mid spey on the 13'6" 8/9 or an 8/9 Mastery Spey long. The 14'6" 9/10 works well with a 9/10 Windcutter and the 8/9 Mastery Spey long or a DT 10.
If you look on Dana's site for reviews you will find the Lamiglas rods and what we have suggested for lines. There are some other options that I could have overlooked or forgotten.
Best.
Leroy..........................

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey Scott...

Why don't you ask the guy you bought those rods from what lines he would suggest. I think you will find he knows alot about the subject. Take care, MJC

"Wild $teelhead C&R gives me a thrill, why don't we all make it the drill"

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
14 ft 6 lami 9/10

i have a delta long i 9/10 but my casting isnt that great. i was casting at least 70 ft with short head spey from sa in 8/9 with my 13 ft 6 8/9. that is why i was asking if anyone has tried any other lines. the delta is what the buddler said to try. thanks scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts