Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*SPF* I have been going back and forth on selling this it may come down again haha

This rod is a beauty and is equally at home fighting steelhead and trout, super versatile. Not the new CX model... newer is not always better ;) This was purchased from a former member who treated this rod with the respect it deserved and I have done the same, his name is on the rod.

$SPFUSD shipping negotiable based on where you are. PP accepted FF or fees on you.

Pics now attached

thanks for looking!

Jonny

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Don't do it! but if you do someone can have a wonderful christmas present.

I love mine. I wouldn't intentionally fish steelhead with it here in Oregon, but do fish it on trips to Alaska where the rainbows can be of similar size. Perfect for up to 24-25" rainbows...if I were consistently catching fish above that size I'd rather the 4/5/6. Even up to 29" I haven't felt overmatched, just feels like a step beyond the limit of the rod and I'd be more comfortable being able to put more pressure on the fish.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you Wes, but I find this is one of the beautiful things about Meiser rods... so much backbone!!! You can really pressure a fish when necessary as long as you don't candy cane the tip. I also fish with a net so that I can bring the fish to hand a lot easier and quicker... I really try to avoid those 3-5 10ft runs at the end of a fight! Just want to get them back to their holding spot so they can rest.

Having said that, yes, if you are fishing systems with the average size being steelhead of 12lbs or more, with some fish in the system being much larger, this should not be the rod of choice!

·
Registered
56 Posts
PM sent. Do you still have it?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot of interest in this rod but no triggers pulled yet... not lowering price, it's super fair

BTTT

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Christmas deal $50 off for the first person to buy either this rod or the #5 Burkie I have for sale!

Happy Holidays :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which lines work best for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I loved the NextCast WA45 5/6 with a 10' tip on this rod... next favourite was a Rio Scandi versitip #6 with 10' tips... I tried lighter lines and typically like lighter lines but this rod sang with heavier stuff. I still have the original head that was sold with the rod and it will be included... also worked well

JJ

·
Premium Member
3,473 Posts
When you first posted this one (and the Burkie) I though they would last hours if not minutes, not days. Maybe it is the time of year, but shows how little I know! :(

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you first posted this one (and the Burkie) I though they would last hours if not minutes, not days. Maybe it is the time of year, but shows how little I know! :(
I agree! I think it could definitely be time of year...

Merry Christmas all!

JJ

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump bumpity bumpity

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm happy to say this rod has found a good home pending payment!

Reactions: Botsari
1 - 16 of 16 Posts