Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will complete the entire set for SRFS. Probably one of my favorite colors for Great Lakes area and all around searching

Tied on Brass skittle tubes (shumakov weighted tubes)

Wood Close-up Whiskers Brush Font

Road surface Asphalt Tar Tints and shades Sidewalk

·
Pupil of the river.
435 Posts
Outstanding! Can you post some ingredients? Looks like some duck palmered in there and some pheasant?
Are you using a long loop for the hook?

• Love
Reactions: Yooper-Fly

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outstanding! Can you post some ingredients? Looks like some duck palmered in there and some pheasant?
Hey James, I just run junction tubing connected to the skittle tube. Keeps the hook in place and gives much better hookups. The whole fly is simple and goes like this:
•white guinea (1 side stripped)
•reverse tie silver accent flash as an underwing (trim short)
•grey nutria zonker with a ‘V’ taper (reverse tie fatback style)
•natural white teal hackle (one side stripped)
•natural ringneck pheasant hackles tied in on the sides (to emulate pectoral fins)
•silver pear flashabou tied length of wing
•spun deer hair

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One other trick I do (simply for aesthetic purposes) to get a really neat finish, is I melt a small flange before spinning the deer hair. All the hair suck up into it, and you can simply pull the hair back and get thread wraps in behind the flange to finish. Using super glue with a brush makes it really secure; just brush the glue on the thread and wind in. Then you can whip finish into glue.......nearly indestructible

·
Pupil of the river.
435 Posts
One other trick I do (simply for aesthetic purposes) to get a really neat finish, is I melt a small flange before spinning the deer hair. All the hair suck up into it, and you can simply pull the hair back and get thread wraps in behind the flange to finish. Using super glue with a brush makes it really secure; just brush the glue on the thread and wind in. Then you can whip finish into glue.......nearly indestructible
Thanks for all this! That is an exceptional looking pattern.

• Love
Reactions: Yooper-Fly
1 - 5 of 5 Posts