Spey Pages

Spey Pages (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/)
-   Claves and Other Gatherings (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/74-claves-other-gatherings/)
-   -   CLA Gamefair (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/74-claves-other-gatherings/70159-cla-gamefair.html)

speyghillie 07-26-2013 01:16 PM

CLA Gamefair

Well that's the CLA over for another year and what a great show once again, I spent three days at the show and still did not manage to see all the trade stands
The CLA covers all outdoor pursuits with fishing in all its forms comes second to the shooting side of the fair, but the fishing village still covers a huge area with around 150,000 people attend the show over the three days making it a monster show.
It is a once a year chance to catch up with all the guys involved in fishing from around the country and abroad and that makes it worthwhile in itself, and some great demo's over the three days in all styles of flycasting as well as the three day competitions in distance casting, the big event on the last day is always the speycasting.
Scott Mackenzie a former three times world champion and previous winner of the event decided on the Saturday to enter and without any practice and having not cast the big rod in competition for around seven years entered and won the event winning by around 5 metres, which finished off a great weekend for all at DTX, winning the manufacturers award and a cheque for 2,000.
We have had a really hot spell here on Speyside and with all the Rivers running very low for the past few weeks the sale of shorter rods was well up on last year.
Already looking forward to next years event at http://www.blenheimpalace.com/
Cheers Gordon.
DTX Pro Staff.

fredaevans 07-26-2013 01:58 PM

Excellent read.

"Scott Mackenzie a former three times world champion and previous winner of the event decided on the Saturday to enter and without any practice and having not cast the big rod in competition for around seven years entered and won the event winning by around 5 metres, which finished off a great weekend for all at DTX, winning the manufacturers award and a cheque for 2,000."

I've seen Scott cast (film) and the fellow is a WOOZER!

Edit: In one case he was on a raised wooden dock and took a couple of steps back as he formed the "D loop." A couple of steps forward as he made the the forward cast. 180++ feet of line in the air. God only knows how long that cast ended up.

G Ritchie 07-26-2013 02:04 PM

Well done Scott.

peter-s-c 07-27-2013 10:17 AM

Excellent job, congratulations Scott.

dutch cornelis 08-11-2013 04:50 PM

CLA / seems gread with casting i see on you tube, with Scott , great master have still the
casting this days as well, olso against the wind i see / gread job , i have never hear about him sinds 1 year /mail to him no answer.
wy i dont know, meaby my mails not importend, i was e good customer .
strange i think.
Some people outsite Scotland/ Norway want some imformation about to buy/or other interesting things.
meaby Scott read this i dont know.
DC

fredaevans 08-11-2013 05:44 PM

Your side/my side of the Pond

DC, what do you need? All good things can easily happen.

Fred

dutch cornelis 08-11-2013 06:07 PM

Hi Fred i mail scott about some thinks to buy, olso some advice about compettion casting.
he give no answer , now i,m by CND Japan, olso not happy with CND , this afternoon broking my 17"11 ultimate , not with maximum cast , only with snake to the left, unbeliveble.
top stuff is not top, positif is cast this afternoon 200 feet.
with the classic 18 feet.
realy e bad day i think, sometimes the devil is on one place.
i want some tips for the dtx , seems i have enough stuff i see for vacation over 2 weeks on BC West, seems its very dry there, 4 weeks no rain.
most see,
tight lines
cornelis

fredaevans 08-11-2013 06:28 PM

I wouldn't worry about no 'instant answer.' Folks, here/there, have to work for a living. My work is off of two computers starting at about 0130 GMT. By 0600 (my time) I'm dead beat and back in bed with a large fat Yellow Lab doing cuddles.**

Give him some time. But the question still 'hanges,' what do you need? I may not know where to get 'it,' but I can find out in 30 minutes. Sometimes you just have to know "How to ask the question." ;)

Fred

**" To sleep, perchant to dream ....." Is there anything better than an old Dog doing a 'Hurrmph' and wiggling back against you?

dutch cornelis 08-11-2013 07:04 PM

computers i have 5 on the net ,real network, bookmarks / adresss about flyfishing all over the world
meany.

thanks ,wen i need your help sure i do .
sucses
cornelis