Spey Pages

Spey Pages (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/)
-   Hooks, Feathers and Floss (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/95-hooks-feathers-floss/)
-   -   Self quarantine:14 days of flies! (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/95-hooks-feathers-floss/399172-self-quarantine-14-days-flies.html)

Nickels 03-17-2020 11:02 AM

Self quarantine:14 days of flies!

1 Attachment(s)
So my wife and the world in general have talked me into self quarantine for 14 days. Also I blew up my spleen skateboarding a few years back and now my immune system isn’t what it used to be. I’m going to tie a steelhead spey style fly every day for 14 days and post them on my Instagram each day. At the end of the 14 days Im going to auction them off in the classified section on here. I will set a minimum bid and then we’ll see where it goes from there. The flies will be sold in a old leather fly wallet as well. This is fly #1 it’s called covid-19.

eriefisher 03-17-2020 11:10 AM

If that's the starter I'm anxious to see what's coming.

Dan

steeliesncarp 03-17-2020 11:10 AM

Love the concept, and that fly! I have been in manufacturing plants nearly every day for the last 30 years, and as of yesterday was told to sit tight and work remotely. Ive got cabin fever less than 24 hours later.

Auctioning it off for any particular cause? Maybe a few others could add to your collection, sort of Coronavirus Collective? Weve got time...

Nickels 03-17-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeliesncarp (Post 2500142)
Love the concept, and that fly! I have been in manufacturing plants nearly every day for the last 30 years, and as of yesterday was told to sit tight and work remotely. I’ve got cabin fever less than 24 hours later.

Auctioning it off for any particular cause? Maybe a few others could add to your collection, sort of Coronavirus Collective? We’ve got time...

No real cause other than hopefully making enough to pay for the materials and maybe a roll of tp! Lol. Just trying to keep busy and focused on something when not working.

mitchaka2fish 03-18-2020 10:11 AM

$14US is 1.4 million australian dollars at the minute.

therefore, and at the present value, I'll bid 1.4 million dollars.

disclaimer: tomorrow it could very well be 1.6

cheers,
no one's mate at the minute

HelloMcfly 03-18-2020 05:49 PM

Put me down for an opening bid of $100.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SW Alexander 03-18-2020 07:24 PM

267 Attachment(s)
Lovely fly. I wish you well at auction.
Shannon

Outerhebrides 03-18-2020 11:12 PM

I am in exactly the same boat. Tying flies in quarantine sort of subtly imposed by the press and my peers. At 70 with lymphoma and two bouts of pneumonia behind me, I feel fine but I have to admit that I am sort of the person they keep writing about...... I am tying flies for Tierra del Fuego, hoping that the combination of illness, travel restrictions, and the market crash does not mean I will never make it back there!
A friend recommended fishing as the best social distancing measure ever. I agreed, and raised him by pointing out that within that truth that fly fishing for winter steelhead is the pinnacle.......
Hang in there.

Tom.B 03-19-2020 12:37 PM

Naming your first (beautiful) fly after a virus is a little grim for me. How about naming the next one Vaccine or better yet, Cure?

My trip to Chile was booked for today (my 71st Bday). I had no intention of going but since Chile closed its borders yesterday, it makes my argument for a ticket refund stronger as long as American doesn't go bankrupt.

On the brighter side, our family is well and about as well prepared as we can be. I'll plant greens, peas, and potatoes in the next few days and start tomatoes under lights. The best cure for cabin fever is fresh air, waders, fair weather, and the impending arrival of striped bass.

Good Health to you all!

Botsari 03-19-2020 12:54 PM

On the first day of Covidflymas my true love gave to me ....

uo_p 03-19-2020 03:56 PM

What's your IG? I have a feeling I could spend 14 days examining your flies!

DarthWader 03-19-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uo_p (Post 2500452)
What's your IG? I have a feeling I could spend 14 days examining your flies!

In a different context, that could be easily misconstrued.

Steelchromedome 03-19-2020 09:20 PM

Killer purple fly Nick. Looking good!

Nate

Nickels 03-20-2020 01:12 AM

Thanks for the kind words everyone! My Instagram is nicholasjroyer if you are interested in the flies. Be safe and healthy everyone!