Spey Pages

Spey Pages (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/)
-   Spey Classifieds (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/92-spey-classifieds/)
-   -   Lamson Center Axis 5wt 9' (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/92-spey-classifieds/380960-lamson-center-axis-5wt-9-a.html)

Concrete Angler 07-23-2018 10:35 AM

Lamson Center Axis 5wt 9'

5 Attachment(s)
OK, so I'm a huge Lamson Waterworks fan. I have like 20 of their salmon/spey reels. I'm also a double-hander junkie, and have practically forgotten how to nicely throw a single hander.

BUT, when Lamson released their Center Axis system, I just HAD to get one and try it. I am impressed with its extreme lightness (2.4oz total!), quality finishing (matt grey which is quasi-unique) and the stunning new micralox Litespeed reel.

There are tons of reviews on the web, and although the concept of de-levering the reel isn't new, I would confidently say that Lamson has done the best design to attain a seamless casting stroke. And it sure looks good, unlike its predecessors.
The rod is a medium-fast action, and for single handers I personally can only make ultra-fast rods like the Method and the H2 perform properly. It's a deficiency on my own part, but this rod certainly had a LOT of feel, and would be excellent for dry flies or micro-skagits.

Mine has been used exactly two times on a pleasant little stream for small bass. ZERO flaws or blemishes. Still has the plastic on the cork. Currently has some red mono as backing which I can leave on or take off. Comes with the Lamson-branded combo tube as pictured.

If you need photos of the actual item, I can make them, but since it's in perfect condition, I figured the stock photos do it better justice.

These retail for 750$ and won't likely be on discount anytime soon as they're still a new product line and Lamson moves slowly on product releases.

I'm offering mine for 550 U$D plus actual shipping from Quebec. Paypal or EMT are great.

The two reasons I'm selling are: 1) I have lost the single-hander savoir-faire and, 2) Upcoming wedding anniversary needs to be funded.

Any questions, please just ask.

eriefisher 07-23-2018 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sure this is a great rig but I can't help but think "Ronco Pocket Fisherman" every time I see this. I would love to cast one though.

Concrete Angler 07-23-2018 01:05 PM

Hey Dan, I dare you to try the 200gr commando I made you a nice combo deal on with this rod and then decide if its nothing but a gimmick or actually a very intelligent design move from a company who has an established design philosophy and a proven track record.

eriefisher 07-23-2018 04:06 PM

Oh I don't disagree with you at all. I think they have had many proven designs, this one included. I can see many advantages with this set up and I think the design is real smart. But, I just can't help think pocket fisherman when I see it. Just my twisted mind. Good luck.

Dan

Sorry, I did not intend to detract from your sale.

Concrete Angler 07-26-2018 08:29 AM

Open to best offers, this wedding anniversary is getting expensive!

Concrete Angler 08-02-2018 09:19 AM

Still open for offers, need to make a dent in the credit card after vacations and anniversary!

GHalliday 08-02-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriefisher (Post 2397790)
I'm sure this is a great rig but I can't help but think "Ronco Pocket Fisherman" every time I see this. I would love to cast one though.

Whats wrong with RONCO Pocket Fisherman? I used to load up on perch with mine! Throw on a little Mepps spinner and dinner is served. :razz:

CS2824 08-03-2018 09:58 PM

What weight is the Rod?

Concrete Angler 08-03-2018 11:37 PM

Its 9' for 5wt

The overall weight of the rod and reel is 2.40oz.
The standard version with just a reel seat, no center axis reel is actually heavier at 3.25oz.

Concrete Angler 08-11-2018 11:04 PM

Still open for offers: I have a chance to make a fall salmon trip happen and this rod will need to go first.

Concrete Angler 08-16-2018 12:47 PM

Price drop to 500

Concrete Angler 08-25-2018 10:52 PM

Bump for a sweet setup.

Concrete Angler 09-09-2018 05:35 PM

Still open for offers.

Concrete Angler 09-22-2018 10:05 AM

Still open for offers.

Concrete Angler 11-19-2018 05:20 PM

Still available to go under the tree or straight to the river. 500 Shipped.