Spey Pages

Spey Pages (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/)
-   Site Issues Forum (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/137-site-issues-forum/)
-   -   problems displaying PMs on mobile (https://www.speypages.com/speyclave/137-site-issues-forum/228865-problems-displaying-pms-mobile.html)

sevilla315 11-16-2015 10:17 AM

problems displaying PMs on mobile

Hi,

I have a problem displaying PMs, especially those with a conversation history.
The problem is not resolved by turning the phone landscape for more reading room.
The columns for display seem fixed so that the conversation is shown in a single column (character) which is almost unusable.
There seems to be no way to remove or even drag column width to give more room to the conversation text.

Is there any workaround?

Phone is a BlackBerry 10 OS phone, a Z10.

Regards
Steve

SPEY_Admin 11-16-2015 02:41 PM

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Kevin

sevilla315 11-17-2015 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached screen shot from phone

SPEY_Admin 11-17-2015 02:43 PM

I've been unable to recreate this problem on my end. Would you be alright with forwarding me a pm where you are seeing this problem?

Kevin

sevilla315 11-17-2015 03:11 PM

I have sent you a PM where most of the text has been removed.
It is easy to reproduce, just have a conversation where each replied at least three times. Each reply is put in a box and by the fourth there is only room for 1 character for display

SPEY_Admin 11-18-2015 10:49 AM

What kind of device and browser are you using, I would like to recreate the issue.

Thank you so much :)

~ GP community support

sevilla315 11-18-2015 02:02 PM

I'm using a BlackBerry Z10 with latest BlackBerry 10 OS.
The browser is a BlackBerry Browser using Open Source components.
I can't believe that this is a BB only thing though.
Does it display fine on iPhone. Etc?

Cheers,
Steve

sevilla315 11-19-2015 07:05 PM

I had a look on wife's iPhone and the conversation is shown in a different way so that each subsequent reply does not reduce the available space for text.
On the BlackBerry each reply wraps the previous reply(ies) inside a box so that after only a few replies there is very little space for the very first comment. The problem is that turning the phone sideways does not change the size of the text box for replies.
It seems to be the BlackBerry implementation that is the problem.

Cheers,
Steve

SPEY_Admin 11-20-2015 10:21 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry there isn't more we can do on our end.

Kevin

JDJones 11-20-2015 03:54 PM

If I may

Suggest you log onto the Blackberry website (preferably from a computer) to search for a solution. By your own admission, the problem seems to be a devise/OS problem as it is not present on iOS or Android devises.

sevilla315 11-20-2015 06:19 PM

Thanks JDJ, I've posted onto the BlackBerry Community Forums, though I think that I won't have much luck.
BB10 probably has a limited shelf life, as BlackBerry has just released the Priv which runs under Android.

Cheers,
Steve