Thanks for the support, and the kind words. I'm still absolutely looking to take my "masterpiece" ties several levels higher... eventually. I hardly ever put this much work or time into trying to perfect something quite so difficult, so given what it was I'm very pleased with what I did on this fly at this point in time.
Really appreciate all the constructive critique as well, in fact I particularly appreciate the critiques. I'm not always in full agreement with the standards or tastes put forth by others, but I am ALWAYS thankful to hear and receive them. If for no other reason than it gives me pause to consider, and weigh my own reasons for doing things a certain way.
By far the biggest issue for me with this fly was the hackle, but I was also not totally happy with the wing. The length was just a tad more than I wanted, and the tips were NOT cooperating well at all. At one point I remember thinking that I'd better just get this thing on that hook before I made it any worse! The mottled turkey feathers were a major problem to work with, and I'm realizing that I am in dire need of some better materials. The goose shoulder I have is ok for working with, and I have exactly 3 colors of dyed white turkey, but no good "earthy" looking stuff. What I have there is very tough to work with, and I'm now realizing just how much nicer certain materials can be for married wings.
I might give this a rest for a few until I get some more stuff... I have to finish up some flies for the swap still too.
Thank you all again, so much for the help and encouragement. I could not have come this far without it