Thank you, Frank
Ok, had some fresh air after all, had to go to purchase some materials to do a field repair for my vise, this poor thing only wants retirement already, but i cannot let her go until i finish making the new one.
I wont tell you how many feather i've just destroyed in the process of practicing... let's just be glad that they were cheap rooster flats
After i finished smashing feathers alone i wanted to tie something a bit more massive... had that pink ostrich feather laying on the table from last nite's picture (for Borderfly) so grabbed it and some other "not so used" pink materials and made "La Vedette"
The wing was nicer than the previous one, but still overlapping a bit. The material used was rooster flat feather so i cannot ask miracles off it.
Decided to try another one, it's incredible how much it changes to tie in the wings on an empty hook (or with just some wool to act as a body) than on a fully dressed fly, it is like it puts the pressure on one!
I wanted to use white wings, but ran out of rooster flats.... ok, let's use the ozark turkey
Called this fly "The Evil Bee"
, the evil factor it's because all the work it cost me to get those wings into place lol The floss job on this one sucks, but that's another story, will be easier to fix that than the wings.
I believe these wings are now closer to how they should be. Not to sleep yet, but i think i've found my problem at tying them in. Watching (again) Marty tying the strip wing on the dvd, decided to try tying them in putting the strip wich goes closer to me first and then the other one, just the opposit of what i was doing. Oh yes! specially the back wing, which was my worse nightmare, now fitted into place much easier. Not perfect yet, but i'm happy.