HERE IS THE HOME PAGE INFO
Welcome to the Spey Company home site.
My SWITCH AND SPEY FLY REELS are now in stock
SHOP SPEYCO REELS
PROUDY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
* The Reels are machined in the U.S.A. from solid 6061 T6 aluminum.
* Spools are designed using a 1/3 arbor to ensure the ample line and backing space required for spey fishing, and are exposed on one side of frame on all models for feather palming.
* Cages are fully 4th axis machined.
* Gears and pawls cut from Hardened Tool Steel.
* externally and internally adjustable bi -tension drag system on plate models.
*internally adjustable on The Snake Roll models.
* left and right checking systems and single action.
* Stainless steel pawl posts with a thread and nut application for a longer lasting post stability.
* Lifetime limited warranty.
* HANDLE CHOICES*
* Marbled Grey.
*HARDWARE AND FOOT CHOICES*
* Hard brass foot adds 1 oz to reel weight, counter weight , and handle cup
* 6061 T6 aluminum foot , counter weight , and handle cup
*CAGE AND SPOOL FINISH CHOICES*
* Hard Coat III Anodized to a dark machine gun matte black finish. Hard Coat III is the second hardest substance in the world, preceded only by diamond. This coating will not scratch off.
* Raw; just left up the mother nature to patina.
* Electro-Clear coated to preserve the natural beauty of the material.
* Glass beaded sandblast, non-reflective.
* BEARING CHOICES*
* ABEC-7 STAINLESS STEEL ball bearings
* NEW For 2010 Abec 7 IGUS Composite bearing very light, very strong
* WINDING PLATE OPTIONS*
* Hard Brass adds 3 0z
* Titanium 6Al-4V adds 2 oz
* 316 Stainless Steel adds 2 oz
* T-6 6061 Aluminum "Base listed reel weights"
*SNAKE ROLL UPGRADE OPTIONS*
* Any Spey Co Reel can be upgraded with the classic"S" handle.
Bull Bog 5052 Aluminum
316 Stainless steel Snake Roll
Snake Roll 6061 Aluminum
*REEL SPECIFICATIONS IN INCHES*
Single Spey 3" x 1" spool gap 5/8"
River Switch 3 3/4" spool gap 1 1/8"
Skandi Spey 4" x 1 1/2" spool gap 1"
symmetry Skagit 4" x 1 7/8 " spool gap 1 1/8 "
Symmetry Spey 4"x 2 1/8" spool gap 1 1/2 "
River Spey 4 1/4" x 2 1/8" spool gap 1 1/2 "
*REEL SPECIFICATIONS BY WEIGHT*
Weights vary via material used by design. Now you will never have to fish with a tip heavy rod again. Just by changing the different face plate and foot options, you can gain perfect rod to reel balance.
Single Spey 4.3 0z to 7.5 oz
River Switch 8.7 oz to 10.5 oz
Circle Spey 10.8 to 11.8
Skandi Spey 11. 5 0z. to 13.5 oz.
symmetry Skagit 12 oz. to 15.5 0z.
Symmetry Spey 13.5 oz. to 17.5 oz.
River Spey 14.5 oz. to 18.5 oz
*REEL SPECIFICATIONS IN METRIC*
Single Spey 72.2 mm x 25.4 mm spool gap 19.5 mm
Skandi Spey 101.6 mm x 38.1 mm spool gap 25.5 mm
Symmetry Skagit 101.6 mm x 48.2 mm spoolgap 28.3 mm
Symmetry Spey 101.6 mm X 53.3 mm spool gap 36.5 mm
River Spey 111.7 mm x 53.3 mm spool gap 36.5 mm
*REEL TO ROD SUGGESTIONS*
Single Spey 7/9 foot single handed rods
Switch Reel 10/12 foot spey rods
Skandi Spey 12/13 foot spey rods
Symmetry Skagit 13/14 foot spey rods
Symmetry Spey 14/16 foot spey rods
River Spey 15/18 foot spey rods
Single Spey 115 yds. of WF3F line, 100 yds. of WF4F line, 75 yds. of DT-3 line. All with 20 lb. backing.
Skandi Spey 180 #30 pound gel spun +100 yards varivas+36' Rio
AFS 6/7 400grain
150 yds of #30 dacron and a 6/7 CND GPS
Symmetry Skagit Rio
windcutter 8/9/10 + 175 #30 dacron
Skagit head + 100 varivas + 250 yards #30 dacron
Symmetry Spey Rio windcutter 9/10/11 +200 yards #30 dacron
Rio Mid Spey 9/10 +175 yards #30 dacron
Next cast long belly 9/10 + 150 yards #30dacron
River Spey Rio Mid Spey 10/11 + 300 yards #30 dacron
Rio xlt +250 yards #30 dacron
Double taper +200 yards #30 dacron