hardy bougle and taupo - Spey Pages
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Dreamonthefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Please Step Down...
Posts: 106
hardy bougle and taupo

Finally got the 12'6" rod, I been looking for... so need to complete her with a 4" hardy bougle or the 3 7/8 taupo... hope this time, have better luck in landing one.. thanks again jimmy

What's cooking??
Dreamonthefly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Registered User
 
xgolfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,780
FYI...Dreamon wanted to do a trade with me, so I sent him a near new tibor spey reel...(the trade for a reel he got for I believe 450) and he was supposed to send me his the same day...but never did!!!

He took my reel, unscrewed the back plate, couldn't get it back on..(this is a QC reel) dropped it or such to put a nice ding in it..and then sent it back to me saying that the Tibor spey..."not look good on a meiser"!!!

Would hate to see another nice reel go down that road!!!!
xgolfman is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Spey Padwan
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington/Alaska
Posts: 33
Info

Thanks for the info golfman, that's shady for sure!
Nate Dutton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered User
 
wannafish1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Miramichi/Restigouche
Posts: 248
That's just awful; he's gonna do the right thing now or he's probably toast on this forum!
wannafish1 is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Dreamonthefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Please Step Down...
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgolfman View Post
FYI...Dreamon wanted to do a trade with me, so I sent him a near new tibor spey reel...(the trade for a reel he got for I believe 450) and he was supposed to send me his the same day...but never did!!!

He took my reel, unscrewed the back plate, couldn't get it back on..(this is a QC reel) dropped it or such to put a nice ding in it..and then sent it back to me saying that the Tibor spey..."not look good on a meiser"!!!

Would hate to see another nice reel go down that road!!!!
Wow pauli......

Why don't you tell the other side of the story and stop twisting the story... just because you can't unloaded you beat up reel and told me its perfect.. don't know what your problem is, but you need to get out more, and catch some fish...

I am looking to buy a reel here.. I will paid for it first to the seller first and than I get my reel.. so what are you talking about...

This is the kinda stuff I don't need Paul... or do I need to say more about you..n

What's cooking??
Dreamonthefly is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:59 PM
2 Handed Flailer
 
Coastal Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smack in the middle of the S rivers
Posts: 24
Not cool

At all. My philosophy has always been...you break it, you bought it.
Coastal Elf is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Registered User
 
xgolfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamonthefly View Post
Wow pauli......

Why don't you tell the other side of the story and stop twisting the story... just because you can't unloaded you beat up reel and told me its perfect.. don't know what your problem is, but you need to get out more, and catch some fish...

I am looking to buy a reel here.. I will paid for it first to the seller first and than I get my reel.. so what are you talking about...

This is the kinda stuff I don't need Paul... or do I need to say more about you..n
Say more if you got it...That reel was less then 6 months old and bought by another member on here..There was nothing but a couple small scraps on it when I sent it to you...AND I have pic's of it still...I'm not the one with zero knowledge of how it worked who tried to take it apart and then when thought it was messed up sent it back...Still apart but jammed back together almost stripping the screw...It fell off in my hand but I caught it thank god!!!....I'm also not the one who never shipped his reel as you said you would!!! I'm also not the one who in fact sent mine back because you wanted a perfect that you had already but took back to the guy because you didn't like how it looked in the first place..then listened to how "big pimping" perfects were so screwed me!!!
Remember.."It not look good on there, it's not right color" Remember, Sell me your bougle or Saracione instead? I told you then you needed to learn how to land fish first and then you'd appreciate what a classic reel did...and you agreed!!! Then "Big pimping" became more important then fishing skills...

What I did do was try and help out what I thought was a newbie to the game and pass on what other guys have passed on to me to get you started..then found out it wasn't about that but gear hoarding and low balling..

You have the money to buy the reel you want..so do it!!

You want ME to bring up more? Cause I have more then a few other stories!!
xgolfman is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Carp aficionado
 
Black Zonky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Great Lakes & Farm Ponds
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgolfman View Post
low balling..
I've got to be honest,...I experienced the same with Dreamon.
Black Zonky is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Registered User
 
xgolfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,780
Here's a pic of my "beat up old reel" on one of my Meisers that I didn't think looked "Ugly, not right color"

J. Stay on your other site, don't mess with speypages!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5115 (Large).jpg
Views:	938
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	18611  
xgolfman is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Dreamonthefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Please Step Down...
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgolfman View Post
Say more if you got it...That reel was less then 6 months old and bought by another member on here..There was nothing but a couple small scraps on it when I sent it to you...AND I have pic's of it still...I'm not the one with zero knowledge of how it worked who tried to take it apart and then when thought it was messed up sent it back...Still apart but jammed back together almost stripping the screw...It fell off in my hand but I caught it thank god!!!....I'm also not the one who never shipped his reel as you said you would!!! I'm also not the one who in fact sent mine back because you wanted a perfect that you had already but took back to the guy because you didn't like how it looked in the first place..then listened to how "big pimping" perfects were so screwed me!!!
Remember.."It not look good on there, it's not right color" Remember, Sell me your bougle or Saracione instead? I told you then you needed to learn how to land fish first and then you'd appreciate what a classic reel did...and you agreed!!! Then "Big pimping" became more important then fishing skills...

What I did do was try and help out what I thought was a newbie to the game and pass on what other guys have passed on to me to get you started..then found out it wasn't about that but gear hoarding and low balling..

You have the money to buy the reel you want..so do it!!

You want ME to bring up more? Cause I have more then a few other stories!!
Wow Paul.. you got more story than Santa Claus... its sad to say you are as tasteless as a man than I though... I appreciate everything you trying to help me, but this is funny and sad..

How's can I screw someone, if I paid for the items first and hope for the item to be send to me..

Also black zonky... do i know??? Or are you one of Paul boy???

What's cooking??
Dreamonthefly is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 86
Some of the grammar in this thread is priceless!
Bernie is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wenatchee
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
Some of the grammar in this thread is priceless!
The drama is even better.

"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Forward- A Passion for Steelhead
Big Tuna is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered User
 
fish0n4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The mid-Pacific.
Posts: 4,944
Dreamon... just a "heads-up" before you make a purchase that turns out being not what you want: The Salmon Bougle will never balance on a 12'6'' rod. If you want to stay on the click & pawl route maybe a Bougle 3 3/4, or a Marquis Salmon No.1, maybe even a Perfect 3 1/2.

I have a MK IV Salmon Bougle mounted an a Sage 7136 (13'6'') and the balance point is somewhere inthe middle of the upper cork. Mind you that this is while actually fishing, after a cast, and well into the swing. With the same reel mounted on a Beulah 12' 7" spey I had to hold the rod down near the seat and found myself fighting to keep the tip from ridding up in the air.

As for the Taupo: A friend of mine matches his on the 13'2" 7wt Beulah Platinum Spey, and that is one of his favorite set-ups. .

Last edited by fish0n4evr; 09-17-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: spelling
fish0n4evr is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Dreamonthefly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Please Step Down...
Posts: 106
sorry for the grammer

I thought about deleting this post, but I found it too comical too...

Hey thanks for the pm's too guys.....

What's cooking??
Dreamonthefly is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BC Lower Mainland
Posts: 581
FishonForever - I fish a Bougle VII 4" on a 12'7 Beulah classic and it dont find what you explained here. It balances perfectly through the swing while im holding it near top upper grip. It is a little heavy when the line is reeled in but i rather my setups be slightly butt heavy then fighting to hold the tip up all day long (my first setup had this issue which i bought as a full setup)


I love my Bougle and have heard it scream enough to know i will never sell it
24_7Fisherman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Spey Pages forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hardy Perfect and Taupo reels swingndeep Tackle 1 08-04-2011 05:40 PM
WTB Hardy Perfect Taupo 3 7/8 ReidFamilyFive Spey Classifieds 2 08-03-2011 11:22 PM
Hardy Reissues the Taupo? RBS755 Tackle 15 11-18-2010 10:04 AM
Hardy Taupo Perfect + spool SSPey Spey Classifieds 6 08-30-2010 05:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome