For Sale: 3 3/8" Dingley Perfect with bronze line guide and block leather case.
- Leaded reel from the 1930s with most of the original leading remaining.
- Reel has same diameter as Hardy 3 3/8" Perfect but spool is 1/8" wider at 7/8". As such, this reel will hold a full line size larger than the similar Hardy Perfect. Holds a DT6 or a WF7 with adequate backing. It is also a bit heavier than the corresponding Hardy at 9.5 ounces. Great with a single handed rod but would also be a super reel for a small trout spey rod (approx. 4 wt. spey).
- Reel is marked "Alex Martin, Glasgow, Edinburgh, & Aberdeen" as well as "Thistle" on the winding plate.
- Consistent markings throughout: Marked 8 on foot and cog, D8 inside frame, and 8 punch marks on back of spool.
- Foot is 2 3/4" long (may not fit some modern seats), straight, and unaltered.
- Handle turns freely, tension adjustment works perfectly.
- Bronze line guide is smooth with no line burns or grooves.
- Comes with non-original block leather case which is marked "HOMA" and "Real Hide Made in England". Case fits this reel perfectly and provides great protection.
This is a very nice example of a Dingley Perfect, and in excellent condition. Tight, all correct, and no issues. $475 shipped and insured within CONUS. PM or email at [email protected]